Followers

Thursday, June 8, 2017

A Thought to Ponder

While browsing at Cracker Barrel I came across this note pad. I loved the sentiment. 

I tend to be a worrier so this spoke to me.  I probably should have purchased this to remind me of God's faithfulness. 

Last Friday, my sweet neighbors, the Hancocks, moved to Florida to live in an assisted living home near their daughter.  When I went to say good bye to them on Friday, we were discussing the fact that we often have to do things we do not want to do! As Mr H put it, Moving is a hard thing but it is the right thing.  I assured him that it was the right decision even though it made all of us sad. I am sure there are people in Tallahassee, Florida that will be blessed by just meeting this sweet couple. 

So if any of you want to move to NoAla, there is a townhouse available next door to me!! I am praying that we will get good neighbors.  Another thing I am trusting God for!

9 comments:

Mildred said...

Sometimes moving is very hard and not what we really want as we grow older. I pray you will be blessed with good, new neighbors. Our elderly neighbor died recently and I imagine her children will put her home on the market. It will be hard to replace her.

Heather said...

What a great reminder. God is so faithful!

Mrs.T said...

What a great sentiment, Arlene!!

I don't think a move to NoAla (or any other part of Alabama) is in the plans, but sure would enjoy living next door to you!

Karen said...

I like that quote on the note pad, and hope things work out for the best for everyone.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I worry to much too so this would be perfect for me. I know I shouldn't but I do anyway. Isn't that frustrating? Hope you get a good neighbor. My next door neighbor was my best friend and she moved...but I have a new neighbor that I'm really getting close to now! Hugs!

Sandy said...

I love the quote on the notepad. I need to look at that daily. When I think I have just gotten and won't worry anymore, something gets me every time. Satan knows how to punch my buttons. Need to knock him back down more often instead of worrying.
I hope you get a good neighbor. That is always an important thing. We have 5 houses in our cul-de-sac. 4 of us including me:) are good...one not so much. Wouldn't you know they are closest to me.

Gina said...

Arlene, what a great sentiment on that note pad. Amen to God's faithfulness! xo

Mari said...

I love that notepad! I would have bought it too. :)
I hope you get good neighbors - it's a pretty big deal!

Terri D said...

Good neighbors are always a blessing. I hope you get good ones again! Cracker Barrell has the best goodies in their store!!