Followers

Monday, June 19, 2017

Another One For the Wall

I received another cross from Ben and Katy as a late Mothers Day/Birthday gift.

Made by a sweet lady at our church who is also the mother of one of Katy's close friends.  They know they cannot go wrong with a cross as a gift for Nana.

It looks great on my wall. I am going to have to get a bigger house to display them all!!

Hope you have a happy Monday friends. I am off to have coffee with some of my former co workers at Central Weekday School. Yes we discuss our old students and what they are up to these days. Last Sunday, a precious girl from my first class at CWS, was pictured in the Living Section of the Decatur Daily. She was a beautiful bride.  I admit I felt old when I read about the ceremony. Another young man we knew as a preschooler  was named in the baseball draft! He went in the 39th round but will be on the team at Auburn here in Alabama.  Teachers are always proud of the accomplishments of former students.  What a blessing it is to my heart to know that I helped start my two year olds on their road to education.

6 comments:

Katie Clooney said...

Love your inspirational cross wall, Arlene! Have a wonderful week.

Mildred said...

A beautiful addition to your wall. Hope you have a delightful time with friends.

Aritha said...

O yes, this cross looks great on your wall. I love it too. Very nice one.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The years fly by don't they! It's nice you can see where many of these young people end up and feel good about your memories of them when they were little. Enjoy your afternoon sweet lady! Hugs!

Mari said...

I like your new cross. It looks a lot like the one you sent me. :)
I felt quite old this year at graduation time. I taught Wednesday night classes at our church for several years and the class I taught the first year was graduating. Those girls were only in 1st grad when I had them, and it's hard to believe they are now 18!

Terri D said...

Your cross wall is so inspiring!! Your latest addition is beautiful!!