Followers

Friday, June 30, 2017

Happy Birthday Amelia

We had a little dinner party to celebrate Amelia's Birthday. She actually turns 37 on Sunday. I can remember the day she was born so clearly. It was Hot as Hades in Athens, Georgia and my legs were swollen up to my knees. My mother in law was staying with us so we would have someone to watch Ben as we went to the hospital. I had worked from 4 to 8 at the Student Health Center and I was having some contractions but I thought they were mild and I would just go to the doctor's office in the morning. As they say, the best laid plans...Amelia arrived at 4:12 am, ten minutes after we arrived at the hospital. And frankly it was the easiest of my three birth experiences.  I can still remember how lovely it felt to hold that new sweet daughter. So thankful that I have had 37 years to love her.

I decided to use some family china to set the table.

We inherited  Crooksville China Company's Spring Blossom from Marvin's grandmother, Pansy Morel Crane.

Mama G's Fostoria was on the table for dessert.

And speaking of dessert...

Chocolate cake!

And what is a birthday without presents...

Kendall and Landon chose two movies for Mom....Beauty and the Beast as well as Fantastic Beasts and where to find them.

As our Aunt Mina says, your birthday is not over until you receive your last card. Celebrate all  month Amelia.

10 comments:

Gina said...

Arlene, you set such a lovely table. And did you bake that cake? YUM! Happy Birthday to your Amelia! ♥

Mrs.T said...

A fun post! That flowery china looks similar to some my daughter has. I believe it was my grandmother's, so the vintage would be about right.

I like your Aunt Mina's thought that a birthday is not over until you receive your last card!

Sandy said...

Love the table Arlene. We all need to pull out the good stuff to celebrate. I do it more as I have gotten older. I know we live fast paced lives, but it is good to treat ourselves every now and then. The cake looks scrumptious. Daughters are indeed a blessing.

Katie Clooney said...

Happy birthday to beautiful Amelia. That cake looks delish. Enjoy your weekend, dear Amelia!

Mildred said...

Amelia is so pretty and I hope she continues to enjoy her birthday. The China and crystal are so pretty. What treasures you have to set the table with. Have a blessed weekend.

Mary Hutchins said...

Special dishes for the special birthday girl. The table looks so pretty and I bet that cake was yummy! Happy Birthday Amelia!

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to Amelia! (I really like her name) Your china is so pretty.
PS - I have a burlap runner too. :)

Mary said...

YOur daughter is beautiful and what an easy and fast birth!! You were so fortunate.

Terri D said...

What fun!! Your table and that cake look fabulous!! Happy birthday to your sweet daughter!

Carol said...

Wishing your beautiful daughter a very Happy Birthday!