Followers

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Saturday Stitching and A New Find!

Having such a busy week, stitching took a back seat to life so I do not have much to post in regard to my stitchy progress.


I was working on Lady Freedom. I changed up the chart a bit.  I added Liberty to the bottom of the piece instead of the year 1826 which was charted. At least I think it was 1826. I looked up the date to see what the significance and It had something to do with the Statue of Liberty. Since I had no idea what that date referred to I thought no one else would know either.( All right all you history buffs, don't give me a hard time about my lack of knowledge.)  I plan to have this piece framed in a navy blue frame so it can be a companion piece to Freedom.

I did make it to Hobby Lobby to purchase some thread, material etc to begin my sewing  journey. I plan to work on my finishing this week. If all goes well, I will have an update next Saturday.

While out shopping I found this...

See Drummond's new magazine and it was only $3.99. That is a real bargain in the world of periodicals.  So of course, instead of doing the chores I had planned to do, I sat down and visited Ree. I have to say this is a good magazine. Full of interesting articles and good recipes, it is one magazine I might subscribe to this year. We can all use some encouragement as we work to make our homes a warm and welcoming place. Have a great weekend Friends.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good site you've got here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours nowadays.
I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

Sandy said...

I will have to check out the magazine as I have always loved her blog. I was reading it way before she became a household name. I love the Liberty piece and I think it will go well with the Freedom piece.

Mrs.T said...

Beautiful stitching as always, Arlene! I'm always inspired by how you change cross stitch patterns up to make them uniquely yours.

That magazine looks wonderful! Interestingly, as I was in the grocery store the other day, I passed by the magazines and thought of how I would always check for new issues of Cross Country Stitching. And the thought recurred, as it nearly always does, that I will be all set if I never purchase another magazine in my life!

I have saved all of my Taste of Home issues and I revisit them seasonally. Nearly always find something new that I overlooked before and want to try. And although I have thinned out my hoard of cross-stitch magazines, there are still more patterns in my stash than I will live to complete!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy ,my friend, Deborah introduced me to this blog many years ago before she was famous! I usually watch PW while o am eating lunch! The magazine makes me want to visit her mercantile. Maybe I can go by Joanna Gaines Magnolia as well! Mrs T I agree about magazines! I have culled my collection and try to avoid new subscriptions!

Gina said...

Arlene, I didn't realize that she had a magazine now. I'll have to check it out. I have peeked at the Magnolia one and it is delightful to look at. Hooray Lady Liberty!

Mildred said...

Always fun to see your stitching projects. I'll have to check out the magazine. All these rainy days, I need something good to look at!

Mary said...

I like the word Liberty on the bottom better than the date. It's another great pattern I never saw before, my downfall of looking at blogs, I want too much!

I told everyone about Ree when she first started out, I followed when she was writing the installment of how she met "Marlboro Man" and was hooked on her writing style. I thought she wrote great but was a terrible cook after trying out a few of her recipes, too funny she ended up with a cooking show! I'll have to check out the magazine. Mary

Arlene Grimm said...

Mary I had to smile when I read your comment about Roe's cooking. I am not a big fan of her recipes either.lol Maybe she has improved with time.lol