Followers

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Stream

Who is up to the challenge of navigating the stream of consciousness this morning?

1. I did go shopping a bit at Cracker Barrel the other morning and no Fall or Autumnal items on display.  Later in the day, I stopped by Kirklands and they were having a BIG sale/inventory. One of the sales assistants told me that they are getting ready for Fall Merchandise. As a crafter, I realize that it is nice to have craft items available so I can get started on Christmas crafts/gifts.  However, it does seem Christmas starts earlier every year!!

2. I finally watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them the other evening.  It is not Harry Potter but it had the same charm as the Potter series. Marvin watched it with me and even he thought it was pretty good. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars...5 stars being Harry and company.

3. We are looking forward to another trip to Georgia and this time we hope to visit Ellijay, Georgia. The Atlanta news people always say it Elijah, like the prophet in the Bible. However it is pronounced Ella J by the locals. This little town is known for its Apple orchards. The north Georgia mountains produce really good apples.  My Tankersley family lived in that area many years before crossing Fort Mountain and settling in Murray county.  My sister was telling me that Ellijay has lots of quaint shops and several good restaurants.  I find that very interesting as our little town has none of those things. It makes me sad.

4. I took Kendall to Academy for her celebratory outfit. She was so cute...she really thought about this purchase. She wanted to get shorts  that went with several tops she already owns. We found a cute top to match the shorts and I think she is going to be so sweet in it. Hoping Amelia will snap a picture when she wears it so  I can share it here.  In addition to being on a championship team, Kendall joined the ranks of womanhood last week. I was hoping this sign of maturity would hold off for a while. Amelia purchased a pretty necklace for Kendall to mark this new stage of development. I can tell that seeing these grands grow up is going to be hard!

5. I have decided to resign from my position as in reach contact for our Sunday School Class. I have done the job for  7 years now and I think I am ready to hand the reins over to someone else. We are just in a season of life where we are on the go and having the Curse of the Competent, I do not want to do a job half way.  I will end my run as Queen of Kindred Spirits at the end of June.  The class members say I am the Boss of all of them.:)

6.  Well that is about it for today...the stream was rather shallow.  Hope everyone has a blessed day.

6 comments:

Mary Hutchins said...

Quaint shops and good places to eat, sounds wonderful to me. I've already been blessed with watching my grandchildren grow into adulthood, now I'm watching the great grandkids grow!!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Nice to catch up wih you. I'm swamped these days and have missed your fun thoughts! I went to Ellijay seveal years ago and stayed in a cabin with my family WAAAAAAAY up in the woods. The shops are so fun, and I found the prices to be very reasonable. Have fun!

Mildred said...

It has been many years since we have visited Ellijay, but there is the Cajun Depot Restaurant there that is really good food. (in the old train depot) near the town square. You can google it.

Mari said...

That sounds like a fun place to shop!
It's hard to say no and step down from things, but sometimes it's that time. Good for you for doing it for all those years.

Linda said...

I noticed Hobby Lobby had fall things out last week when Amber and I were there there! As much as I love fall - that's way too soon,
We are heading to the ranch in the morning (Thursday) and may be there the rest of the month! How cool is that? We hope to get our new room closed in while the Texas heat is not as intense as it will be in another month or so!
Hope I have Internet so I can keep up with you!

Terri D said...

Great restaurants and fun little shops makes for a great get-away in my book!! Hope you have fun and please do tell us all about it. Getting to start saying "no" to volunteer commitments is freeing! There comes a time in life where we just have to step back and relax a bit. I'm there (and have been for awhile now)!!