Who is up to the challenge of navigating the stream of consciousness this morning?
1. I did go shopping a bit at Cracker Barrel the other morning and no Fall or Autumnal items on display. Later in the day, I stopped by Kirklands and they were having a BIG sale/inventory. One of the sales assistants told me that they are getting ready for Fall Merchandise. As a crafter, I realize that it is nice to have craft items available so I can get started on Christmas crafts/gifts. However, it does seem Christmas starts earlier every year!!
2. I finally watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them the other evening. It is not Harry Potter but it had the same charm as the Potter series. Marvin watched it with me and even he thought it was pretty good. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars...5 stars being Harry and company.
3. We are looking forward to another trip to Georgia and this time we hope to visit Ellijay, Georgia. The Atlanta news people always say it Elijah, like the prophet in the Bible. However it is pronounced Ella J by the locals. This little town is known for its Apple orchards. The north Georgia mountains produce really good apples. My Tankersley family lived in that area many years before crossing Fort Mountain and settling in Murray county. My sister was telling me that Ellijay has lots of quaint shops and several good restaurants. I find that very interesting as our little town has none of those things. It makes me sad.
4. I took Kendall to Academy for her celebratory outfit. She was so cute...she really thought about this purchase. She wanted to get shorts that went with several tops she already owns. We found a cute top to match the shorts and I think she is going to be so sweet in it. Hoping Amelia will snap a picture when she wears it so I can share it here. In addition to being on a championship team, Kendall joined the ranks of womanhood last week. I was hoping this sign of maturity would hold off for a while. Amelia purchased a pretty necklace for Kendall to mark this new stage of development. I can tell that seeing these grands grow up is going to be hard!
5. I have decided to resign from my position as in reach contact for our Sunday School Class. I have done the job for 7 years now and I think I am ready to hand the reins over to someone else. We are just in a season of life where we are on the go and having the Curse of the Competent, I do not want to do a job half way. I will end my run as Queen of Kindred Spirits at the end of June. The class members say I am the Boss of all of them.:)
6. Well that is about it for today...the stream was rather shallow. Hope everyone has a blessed day.