Followers

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Christmas in July

Everywhere I turn it seems Christmas in July is being proclaimed.  Hobby Lobby is in full out Christmas mode.

If you remember I had a goal to make one Christmas ornament each month. These will be displayed on the tree at Grimmwood. I want a rustic look at our little house.

I am on target as of today.

This pretty Apple Ornament was a gift from my friend, Sandy, I Majored in Home Economics.  My father had an orchard on our family farm. This ornament will remind me of Daddy.

This one did not turn out as well as I hoped it would, but just keeping it real and showing you that we all can make some mistakes in finishing. I say it looks rustic.:)

Here is my haul. I will take these to Grimmwood the next time we head that way. I have a storage box there where I will store them until Christmas.

I also got a start on the ornaments for my grands. Here is one I am doing for Elliott.

The truck will be loaded with Christmas trees, perfect for my three year old truck loving, Elliott. At the rate this year is flying by, Christmas will be here before we know it.

9 comments:

Mildred said...

I stopped by Hobby Lobby on my way home from the dr. yesterday and saw all the fall and Christmas decor.
I love your ornaments for Grimmwood. The ornament for Elliott is going to be perfect.
Have a blessed day.

Dianna said...

Hello Arlene,

You are such a beautiful example of the fruit that is born when we are consistent with a project we have committed to! ALL of your ornaments are gorgeous. Your keeping it real piece looks perfect to me...I doubt anyone else would notice unless you pointed it out to them.

Sweet Elliot will love his ornament!

Have a great day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love them and don't mind a little difference in the design. You are an amazing stitcher! Can't think about Christmas now...in this heat but I'm sure the stores have lots of pretty things. Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Mrs.T said...

I love them all and the "rustic" one is simply beautiful in my eyes.

I'm doing Christmas in July over at my Christmas blog! Hop on over and visit, since you are in Christmas in July mode!

Sandy said...

I love all of them. They are going to look great on your tree. The stores are out of control with seasons, but I am guessing capitalism is working. There must be people buying it.

Gina said...

Arlene, I am not ready for Christmas yet!! I love all your ornaments and I can not for the life of me see any imperfections in the one that you mentioned. Looks perfect to me! xo

Terri D said...

My first reaction was to shush you up about Christmas! Oh my goodness, but you are right. It will be here in a blink and you will be ready for it! I love the ornaments you have made. Your tree at Grimmwood will be so sweet!

Mari said...

I like every one of those ornaments! Your tree will be so cute. The ornaments for the grands will be treasured.

doodles n daydreams said...

July already and yes, Christmas will be here before we know it. Your Christmas ornaments are lovely, I love that you made them yourself.
For several years now I have given each of my grandchildren a tree ornament with their name on it but I think I may have to look for something different soon as I seem to have bought most varieties now. Your grandkids will love theirs.

Diana