Followers

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Stitching Saturday

Good Morning...I am enjoying a big cup of McCafe coffee this morning and it sure is good. I have loved coffee since I was a little girl. My day does not get off to a good start unless I can enjoy some of my favorite beverage.  So when I saw the Coffee Quaker pattern by Heartstrings Samplery,  I knew I had to stitch it.

Here it is back from the framer where it visited for a spell before...

heading to Grimmwood to keep watch over the coffee bar.
 if you would like to see some of the other Coffee Quakers stitched by ladies across the USA, check out Coffee Quaker SAL on Facebook.

To have room for the Coffee Quaker, I had to move another favorite sampler, Where There Are Bees There is Honey, by Prairie Schooler. But there was method in my madness. I own a special picture of my Granddaddy Tankersley. It was made when he was young and he is sprawled on the grass in front of his bee hives.  I knew it would look nice with my Honey Sampler.

Pardon the glare on the left side of the glass.  You can see four bee hives in the background. I am sure  those were just a few of his hives as I remember there being quite a few perched on the hillside. I hung it along side my bonnet made by my Grandmother Henderson. I think it makes a nice grouping.

Now that it is July, I am stitching some fall pieces. I like to think stitching fall pieces will make it feel a bit cooler here in NoAla.



8 comments:

Sandy said...

I love the picture grouping of your grandparents. Great memory corner and the coffee bar is so cute. I hope the fall stitching will cool you off. It turned HOT with July for sure.

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy after a mild winter and cool Spring this hot weather takes some getting used to!! I am still working on Smoky Mountain Christmas but I can only do a day or so at a time on that one or I get irritated. It has so many color changes to attend to as well as tons of backstitching. Maybe it will be done by Christmas 2018.:)

Mildred said...

Good Morning, I have always loved coffee (with cream) too. I love your new sampler and the grouping over the coffee bar is great. The honey bee stitchery looks wonderful with your grandfather's photo. I love Autumn and am looking forward to it. Hope Marvin is feeling better. You two have a nice weekend.

Karen said...

Your handiwork is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you will create for Fall. I love the autumn scenes and colors.

Mary Hutchins said...

I always enjoy seeing pictures of your stitching, you inspire me!!

Terri D said...

Arlene, not only are you a very talented 'stitcher' but you are also great at grouping your lovely creations. I feel the same way about coffee, by the way!

Mari said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but I love your sampler! Your groupings look very nice, and I think the pic of your Grandpa is very special.

Carol said...

I just love seeing all of your finishes, Arlene--the framed grouping is lovely with your newest coffee sampler. I don't drink coffee, but wish I did based on all of the latest health reports that sing its benefits!

Your tiny PS monthly sampler is my favorite! I have finished three of them as ornaments, but I love the look of it as one piece. May have to do that myself.

Hope your July is going well!