Followers

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Stream

Good Morning Ladies.....please take note of the information above!!:)

1. It has been good to get back into our normal routine after two and half weeks of doctors appointments, pain and nursing duty. I found out a lot about myself and some not so complimentary. While I am a nurse and I feel capable in my nursing practices, I am lacking a servant's heart.  My hat is off to those of you who are caregivers on a regular basis. I am in awe of my mother who cared for my daddy for almost ten years before his death.   It was hard seeing my husband in pain and being reminded that we are getting older and things will change as our bodies age.  So I am going to focus on enjoying every day that I can be active and enjoy my world.

2. I have to say my Stitchy Heart is full this evening. My friend, Sandy, and I often trade up cross stitch charts when we are finished with them. Today I received an envelope full of cross stitch patterns in my mailbox.   Sandy and I are both working on decluttering our homes and that includes charts that we are finished stitching. It has been so fun trading patterns. Are there any more of you out there that might be interested in a chart Round Robin? I love my stitchy sisters.

3. Today is Charles and Nancy's  8th wedding anniversary. Their wedding was held in Little Ferry NJ.  The brides maids luncheon was at a neat restaurant in Hoboken and can we say, Wonderful Bread. Being a carb o holic, I really enjoyed myself.  Kendall was just a little girl and at the rehearsal, she was being a pain. Grandpa took her outside to the small playground by the church for a break. After a bit, he asked if she wanted to be nice and go back inside. She replied, "No, she wanted to stay outside and be ugly."  In the South, being ugly is a euphemism for acting badly. We still laugh about that one.

4. I really enjoyed my book club today. We discussed the book, Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns. It is  a book I read long ago but did I remember it? No.  It is a  book about  a young boy of 14 who writes about his family as he sees them. ( So you know it is a good book.) It takes place at the turn of the 20th century and is filled with words and memories that reminded me of my own upbringing in North Georgia.  Robbie, our hostess served Sassafras Tea as this was mentioned in the book. It was very refreshing....it tastes like Root Beer without the carbonation. We also had cake and pimento cheese tea sandwiches. Our club is made up of women who like to read all sorts of books so we will be reading some books I would not have chosen on my own. It is always good to stretch yourself as a reader.

5. I am finishing the border on my Prairie Schooler Village.  I will be sad to say goodbye to this piece of needlework.

6. I know a lot of you are fans of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge...aka William and Kate. I have enjoyed seeing this young family on their trip to different European countries. That Charlotte is such a cutie and looks so much like her great granny.  George turns four this week and what a handsome fellow he is!  One of the things I like about the royal couple is that they seem to be devoted to one another and their children. I was one of the many who fell for the fairy tale that was Charles and Diana only to find it was a Fractured Fairy Tale.  I think all young girls love to think there is a prince waiting for them. I am so thankful I found mine!

Have a blessed day Bloggy Friends.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

I discovered the same thing about myself when I had to start seeing about Mom on a regular basis. It was very hard. My attitude has gotten much better, but I was a bit selfish at first of my time.
There are those that do it for ages. My neighbor down the street is doing that now with her husband. I am not sure if he has something like Parkinson's or what, but he is steadily declining and it has limited her outings tremendously. She once walked all the time. She still has a smile on her face always though. I don't think I had a smile for awhile.

Mary said...

Good Morning Arlene!

Adorable story about Kendall, she was being honest!!

I read Cold Sassy Tree eons ago and loved it. I enjoy books by southern authors. One of my favorites is Rick Bragg, have you read any by him? They are autobiographical and just wonderful.
Being a caregiver is not an easy job, I admire those that take on the responsibility and do it with a smile.
I'm looking forward to seeing your PS stitch...enjoy the rest of your week. Mary

Mary Hutchins said...

I have always enjoyed the Royal Family, good and bad. I agree with you about William and Kate, they seem to be such a loving couple. Little George is a cutie, I bet he's a little stinker, Charlotte is such a little lady.

Sandy Marks said...

Hi Arlene, I have been enjoying reading your blog. I'm sorry your husband has been in pain! I will pray for him.
My husband and I live and take care of a special needs girl. It really limits what we get to do but I know she has a much better life then she did.
I would like to be in a chart round robin since I don't have any stitchy friends to trade with.

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy would you email me your address at agrimm55@hotmail.com ? I will be glad to add you to my Stitchy Round Robin!! Thanks for commenting. I have a grandson who is autistic and I am glad you and your husband are making this young lady's life better. In fact, tomorrow will be Baylor Day here on the blog. I try to post his prayer needs and praises as well.

Sandy Marks said...

The girl we take care of is autistic also. I sent my address so let me know if you don't receive it.

Dianna said...

Oh Arlene, I so hear what you are saying about learning a lot about yourself while caring for your husband through these last several weeks. My husband fell from our house roof last September and tore a ligament. That was 12 weeks at home, with much of it needing me to do a lot of things for him. I am glad that things are looking up for Marvin...and you.

I enjoy William and Kate and their adorable children as well. I also enjoy them for much the same reasons you do.

Gina said...

Arlene, being a care giver is all consuming. I am glad that Marvin is feeling better and you are able to relax a bit.

Hooray for your stitching. I'm sorry, I have nothing to trade you. (stitching-wise!)

I love to see pictures of George and Charlotte! I remember watching Lady Di's wedding. She was so magical in so many ways. God rest her soul.

I've not heard of that book before. Sounds good!

Terri D said...

I always remember a dear friend of mine who had to care for her parents and later her husband (and she is not a nurse). She said to me one day that it was such a privilege to be there for her parents. I'll never forget that word, privilege. It changed my thinking and attitude when I had to care for my grandmother, who was extremely difficult. Your post made me think of that - and it was over 25 years ago. I enjoyed your post!! Cute story about Kendall at the wedding!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This was a fun post. I love sharing interests with my blog buddies. It's amazing to find you have so much in common with someone you haven't met. I read that book years ago and enjoyed it but when I've tried to read more by this author, I just couldn't get into them. Enjoy your day! Happy stitching!