Followers

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Christmas in July( Well August Really!)

My mother's branch of the family is the Hendersons and we try to get together for a meal every two months. In July we decided on Christmas in July. But as things will happen we were not able to meet until the first Saturday in August.

The meal was held at my Aunt Joyce's home. She loves all things Christmas and she had decorated her house and even had Christmas DVDs on the television. Amelia, Todd and the kiddos came for the afternoon as well.

These cute snow men were on hand to greet the guests.

We even had gifts! Everyone went to the Dollar Tree to purchase a gift, wrapped them up and brought them to the dinner for Dirty Santa.

I loved this picture over the mantle...and if you did not guess, my aunt loves Disney World and all things Disney. She had lots of Disney characters scattered around the house.

Even the kitchen was decorated!  We had lots of good finger foods and desserts to enjoy.

Kendall and Laura.  Everyone wore Christmas tee shirts as well.

My Aunt Joyce, her daughter, Holly and her granddaughter, Hayleigh.  My Aunt Joyce is just 9 years older than me and we have always been close.

Me and my girlies. My shirt says We Wish you a Murray Christmas...as Chatsworth is in Murray County.

Amelia and Aunt Joyce are ready for the season. Both of them LOVE the Hallmark Christmas movies.

Christmas Card this year??

First Cousins  who love...

Dolly Parton. Amelia gifted Laura with this shirt.

My cousin Hannah in her Elf hat.

Marvin and me with our grands.

Me and my sisters...

Sisters and Cousins...note my pretty poinsettia head band.

Amelia's Dirty Santa Gift.

Marvin got Star Wars masks. I have always loved Chew Bacca!!

We all agreed Christmas in July was fun and no stress! We will do it again next year.

13 comments:

Sandy said...

That was a wonderful idea. I love all the t-shirts especially Kendall's and the Dolly ones. The picture of you and your sisters is priceless... a treasure for sure. Now, my question is, will Aunt Joyce leave it all up until Christmas or redo it then.

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy, she will take it down. She just had a great big shed built for all her Christmas things. I was a bit jealous actually. But she lives in the country and has room to add a big shed. We had a blast.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a cute idea...and a great reason for a party! You and your sisters all have the same pretty smile! Hugs!

Mrs.T said...

Fun idea!

We also did a Dollar Store gift exchange a few years ago when our NV family was out here one September. We drew names for it though ... adults for adults and kids for kids.

Cranberry Morning said...

I've heard of Christmas in July, but wow does that look like fun! What a good looking crew you all are! I'm going to think about doing something like this in our family. Of course we always have the reunion first weekend of August, so July might not work. But I love the idea. How wonderful!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all the comments Friends....we had a great time. The most popular gift was a box of Little Debbie Zebra Cakes. I got a bottle of soy sauce as my gift.:)

Karen said...

Looks like so much fun. That is a fabulous idea.

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing your Christmas In July . We love the Hallmark movies and shopping on QVC in July.
Marion and sisters

Mari said...

I'm really not ready to think about Christmas but this looks like so much fun! I love the Hallmark movies too.

Linda said...

I've been looking forward to hearing about your Christmas in July that happened in August! I love it! It's wonderful to see you and your family together in pictures and all having fun! I like your Aunt Joyce! She's my kind of lady!

Terri D said...

Like Mari, I'm not ready to think about Christmas yet, but this does look like a whole bunch of fun!! How great that she has a shed for her Christmas decorations. It's a chore to pull ours down each year. Loved seeing your family and especially those kiddos! Great fun!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fun family gathering! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time with Christmas in July, but really in August.

Gina said...

SOOO adorable! What fun! The snowmen made me long for winter!