Followers

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Fall is in the Air

This has been a pleasant week in NoAla. The mornings are cool and the humidity has decided to give us Southerners a break. And not only the weather is changing a bit but the Fall magazines are out!

I always enjoy looking at Country Sampler. My blog friend, Linda at Linda's Life Journal, decorated her little country home with some Sunflowers she picked from the side of the road. I thought of her when I saw the pretty sunflowers on the cover of the magazine.

Southern Lady is one of my favorite magazines. In fact if I had to choose just one periodical to read each month, this would be it.

When we returned from Grimmwood on Sunday, I went next door to pick up our mail, which Jerry and Janet graciously collect for us when we are away.  Janet informed me that Santa Claus had come while we were gone. ( Well it is Christmas in July!)  The beach chairs we ordered from Cabela had been delivered while we were gone. So thankful for good neighbors who watch out for packages.

We ordered these zero gravity beach chairs to take to Gulf Shores in September. We are going to really enjoy them.

So if we can hold on through August, September will be here before we know it. The Beach, Grimmwood and Georgia Tech Football is on our agenda!

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Y'all are going to be busy for sure come fall. It is a slight bit cooler here in the mornings. Last week was so hot I was melting. I said something had to be tropical out there. I guess I was right. Now, that I don't teach, I love fall and spring the best.
Southern Lady is my absolute favorite too. I was trying to put out a sunflower cross stitch piece that I had in my stash. If I can ever mount it on something I will try the sunflower thing too in the kitchen.

Cranberry Morning said...

Those chairs look great! I'm also trying to hold on through August and September, but for different reasons. I want to enjoy every moment before winter hits! Sounds like you're looking forward to football. Have a great rest of your week. I'm enjoying seeing your creations on Instagram.

Heather said...

Those chairs look amazing! Andrew and I are thinking of taking a little camping getaway in september. It sounds like the perfect time of the year for a getaway!

Karen said...

Yes, I felt a nip of fall in the breeze this past week and I'm looking forward to a beautiful autumn.

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad you are getting a taste of all! What fun chairs you ordered and received! Enjoy your upcoming trip to Grimmwood.

Gina said...

Arlene, we've had the same weather here too. I am so tempted to hope it stays but it is still summer....

I love those magazines too. Sunflowers are kindred spirits I think. ♥

Terri D said...

The chairs will be perfect for the beach! I think I need to look for Southern Lady magazine. I'm over Garden & Gun and am ready for something new!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all the comments Friends. Terri, I tried Garden and Gun but did not renew it after two years.

Mari said...

Those chair look really nice.
I am so not ready for these Fall things. It comes too quick!

Mary said...

I'll have to look for the Southern Lady magazine, that apple dish looks sooo good. I subscribed to Southern Living for years, it was one of my favorite magazines. Seems the Southern magazines had the best recipes. Those chairs look to be very well made. I need some new chairs to bring to local concerts, are they easily transportable? Mary