Put a toe in and see if the water suits you!
1. I found a new candy that I can never purchase again. M&Ms Caramel. Oh my...I got a small package of this candy at the grocery store today and it was love at first taste. Marvin and I are still trying to shed a few pounds and those candies must never cross the thresh hold of Nanaland.
2. Marvin and I have watched Dr Who for many years. After David Tennant gave up the role, we rather lost interest but we keep an ear out for Dr Who news. Well imagine our surprise when BBC announced the new DR Who will be a woman. No, just NO on that one.
3. The Solar Eclipse seems to have taken the US by storm. We will have 95% darkness here in NoAla. Many are driving up to Nashville, where it will be total darkness. You might like to look up Destin Sandlin( Smarter Every Day) on You Tube. He has a very interesting post regarding the Eclipse. Kendall and I watched it together. Destin and his wife, Tara, attend our church. I got to know Tara when I first started volunteering at MOPs. Destin makes learning fun and easily understood.
4. I changed purses yesterday. With the Georgia Tech football season rapidly approaching, I took out my GT cross body. It will be perfect to carry around town but I also purchased a clear purse to take to the games. It is really sad that Southern Belles cannot show their colors at the stadiums. I remember the Good Ole Days when you could carry a cute purse into the game and no one blinked an eye.
5. I have been a bad girl this week. I have ordered several cross stitch patterns. I keep telling myself that I need to stitch the charts I own but it is hard. I can remember my mother purchasing fabric and saying that she would stitch up that fabric one day. She had a drawer that was full of fabric. I guess she did eventually use up her stash and if I live long enough I will stitch all my stash.:)
6.There seems to be a lot of interest in Princess Diana of late. I have seen several tv shows about her. Suddenly I realized that it will be 20 years since she died on Aug 31. It hardly seems possible. I remember that red sweater she wore with white sheep across the front and one black sheep among the flock. I wanted a sweater like that so badly. She was a lovely fashion icon in those early days before we knew the fairy tale was only in our minds.
Well I have several errands to run today. I must get to Hobby Lobby and look for some fabric to finish off my smalls. I want to get them done so I can use them in my fall decorating.