Followers

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Labor Day Weekend

Well as I sit here typing we are beginning to get some rain from Hurricane Irma. I just texted Charles in the Atlanta area and he reported they are having lots of wind causing the power to flicker on and off but he, Nancy and Audrey are all home together so they will make it through the storm.

Over Labor Day Weekend, our friends the Gosnells, joined us at Grimmwood.

Sharon brought me this lovely cross stitched pear which I added to my gallery wall of stitching.

She knows that Pears are a favorite of mine and I just LOVED this pretty housewarming gift. As a stitcher myself I appreciate the time and talent that this gift represents!

On Sunday we went to Ellijay to enjoy the day. Lunch was at Cantaburys on Main Street and oh my goodness, it was delicious as usual.

I had my favorite chicken and rice soup.

After lunch we made our way to Panorama Orchard.

Apple Cider donuts! Yes please.

Lots of apple products to sample. That is either an elf or Johnny Appleseed manning the cider station.

Sharon picked up some Pumpkin Butter which is like Apple Butter but made with pumpkins.

It was a busy Sunday afternoon at the orchard. This is just the barn where the apples are sold. There were no apple trees in sight. I guess you have to go up to the mountains to pick the apples.

Sharon purchased these big peaches and shared a few with us! I picked up a bag of Jonagold and Honey Crisp. I tend to like tart apples so the Jonagolds are my favorite.

Mountains, apples and good friends made for a perfect day in NoGA.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Arlene, what a lovely gift of the pear stitch, the shading on the pear is so realistic!!
I live in Apple country and make a weekly visit to the orchards, apple cider donuts are the best! Braburn is one of my favorite varities, crisp, tart apples are the best. I have to look for pumpkin butter, sounds delicious. Great photos of all of you!

Sandy said...

The cross stitched piece is so pretty. You need that in your dining area. The man at the cider station does indeed look like Johnny Appleseed:)
Looks like a fun weekend. I do love apples this time of year.

Mary Hutchins said...

Love the cross stitch and would love to taste that pumpkin butter!! It's so nice that you spent time with your friends!!

Gina said...

What a lovely weekend, Arlene! That fresh fruit looks so tempting!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely pear stitch to receive from your friend! It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. Yes please for me on the apple cider doughnuts.

Linda said...

What a great time! Loved all the pictures! It is really beautiful up your way!
Ruth Ann and I want to make apple butter this fall. It is on BOTH of our Autumn Bucket Lists! Ruth Ann has made it before in her crock pot so I am looking forward to making some!

Terri D said...

I like tart apples too and I sure do miss visiting the apple orchards in the fall. Envious here!! Your stitched gift is lovely and just perfect for you and your Grimmwood.