Followers

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Stitching Saturday

I did have one FFO...fully finished object this week.


This is Halloween Pin Keep by Stacy Nash Primitives. I made it into a picture instead of a pin keep.

Hats off to Priscilla...who you can find on my Blog Roll. She has shown examples of finishing on her blog and being the uncreative type, I just used her ideas. Priscilla is very sweet and like Vonna at the Twisted Stitcher, encourages needleworkers to finish their own projects in a thrifty way.

I found this frame at Hobby Lobby when they marked down housewares by 90%. I painted the frame black and lined it with scrapbook paper. I hot glued a piece of metal to the frame so that I can use magnets to change up the piece every now and then.  I added a magnet to the back of my Halloween piece...then attached it to the metal. Easy Peasy. I also used Priscillas idea of shredding fabric to make bows that coordinate with your project.  I added the wooden button for interest and called it done.  When Halloween is over I can remove the needlework and store it until next year.

I have several fall and winter projects in the works so here is hoping I can get them finished for the season this year!

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the frame idea and this cute print. I'm anxious to work on a Halloween book next. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

Mari said...

The project itself is cute, and I love the way you finished it. Love that bow!

Linda said...

I'm starting the fall needlework project you sent me next week when we got to the ranch!

Carol said...

What a cute final finish! Always fun to find a great deal on frames like you found, Arlene!

RJ said...

Love your finish Arlene. That bow just makes it. When I had a small craft business my partner and I used to use torn fabric for bows all the time. I have not done it for a long while but you have me thinking about doing it again. How did you attach the metal to make it a bulletin board? RJ@stitchingfriendsforever