Good Tuesday morning and Happy Anniversary to Amelia and Todd. They are off on an anniversary trip to Hawaii. I am not going to say anything more about that or I might be guilty of coveting.:)
1. I always get so many comments on my Cracker Barrel posts. Thanks ladies. I have to share that I did go back to Cracker Barrel and I bought all the houses.
I seldom look at the number of followers I have because I love my loyal readers, I do not worry about popularity. However, I noted I am two followers away from 60. So when I reach 60 followers, I am going to do a Cracker Barrel give away. I am not sure yet what it will be but coming from Cracker Barrel it will be cute. And you must be a follower to be entered into the drawing!
2. Last week was the 30th anniversary of the tv show, Thirtysomething.
3. Fall is in the air...even here in NoAla.
4. We had a pleasant interlude at Grimmwood.
5.One of my goals this week is to clean and organize my craft room. Between my finishing the cross stitch projects and the grands making various things, it is a mess. I organize it regularly thinking that I will keep it neat but that never happens.
6. If you are looking for a good book to read, check out The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz. What a charming book about a young girl who just wants to get an education. In 1911, girls were not expected to attend high school. Joan, our heroine, becomes the unpaid and unrespected housekeeper when her mother dies. When she demands she be able to keep the egg money for herself, her father burns her three treasured books, gifted to her by a beloved teacher. That is the last straw! Thanks to the foresight of her deceased mother, Joan is able to run away from the farm and take a job as a hired girl in Baltimore. She works for a wealthy Jewish family and learns all about that ancient religion. In the meantime she pursues her confirmation in the Catholic church and with the permission of her boss, reads extensively from his library in the home. Joan gets in a lot of scrapes but her intellect and her loyalty are very inspiring. I think I read this book in one day! It was a Newberry Award Winner for young adult fiction.
Well if it is Tuesday it must be housecleaning day!! Then carline duty this afternoon. A Nana's work is never done!