The water is a little chilly today so we will just wade around for a bit.
1. Please check out the blog, Va Farm Wife on my blog roll. My young friend, Ashley, does not post often but she does a great job at relaying life on a cattle/ soybean farm. As I commented on this post, cows do not care if you are sick or if you have a special event. My BIL, Bruce, had to get out in the night to help one of his ladies find her new calf. She had "lost" him. She was bawling up a storm. Life on the farm is hard but rewarding. The minute Bruce gets on his tractor and heads to the field all the girls come running. They love their Farmer.
2. We are home for a while and I am looking forward to getting some projects done. When we spend half the week in GA, things slide here at home.
3. Have you started your Christmas shopping? That is one of the projects I am working on this week. I have found a few things for the older grands. They are always the hardest to buy for!! I do not want to give in to gift cards or money yet. Everyone likes to get a present to open. I cannot go wrong with Star Wars gear as they all love Star Wars and are waiting anxiously for the new movie at Christmas. Frankly I am anxious to see it as well. Luke Skywalker is BACK. You know he was quite the heart throb in his day. :)
4. Many of you have prayed for Marvin and his back issue. His pain has not really improved so he will have minor back surgery on November 2nd. It will just be a "clean out" job to get rid of the arthritis that seems to be pinching the Sciatic Nerve. We would appreciate prayer for this endeavor. The spine doc says 95% success rate so I am hopeful.
5. The temps here have finally become fall like. I am making chicken and rice soup today! My friend, Sharon, gave me the recipe. She has perfected it by some tweaking and it is so good. She graciously shared some with me and Marvin. It tastes a lot like our favorite soup at Cantabury in Ellijay, GA.
6. My friend, Susan, will arrive home on Thursday. She and her husband have been in Israel on a tour with some other church folks. I really look forward to hearing about her trip. I have been helping to care for her cats while she is gone. I call them the two most spoiled cats in Decatur. They live the life of Riley. I will say they tolerate the help who come to feed them . One of Susan's other friends tends to the littler box. My friendship just goes so far!!
7. My weekly breakfast/lunch with Deborah and Susan has been on hiatus as both were traveling but today I will meet Deborah for breakfast. My weeks just go better when I can sit and laugh and share with the besties.
Have a blessed day friends...enjoy this pretty fall weather.