Its been a while since I have done a Stream of Consciousness so here we go!
1. Christmas is coming. Are you ready? I think I am. We will do our Christmas with our children and grands at my mother's house in Georgia on the 16th. What a blessing and delight it is for my mother to have all her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren together for Christmas. As I watch my grands rapidly growing up, I hope I am around to enjoy seeing them as adults and holding a great grand on my knee.
2. Confession time... All of you are so sweet to post lovely comments on my stitching. Well I made a BIG BOO BOO the other day. As my parents warned me, I am afraid I got the BIG HEAD. If you are of Scotch Irish descent you know that is something you have to watch out for! I was stitching along on my Foothills Farm piece quite happily. I had finished the house and moved my q snaps to work on the barn, only there was not enough fabric to stitch the barn. I had put my fabric in the Qsnap the wrong way!! So I will be going to the Cross Stitch Peddler to get a new piece of fabric and I will start over. I am going to turn the little house into a small pillow to redeem the time I spent stitching. So everyone makes mistakes! I will be paying attention as I put my fabric in this time.
3. I got to play nurse this week. Marvin had a drain in the area where his parotid tumor was removed. His surgeon told him he could go to the local ENT doc or I could remove it for him. I left the decision up to him and he chose me. I got out all my supplies...lined it up on the kitchen counter, sat Marvin is a chair under good light and went to work. The old skills came back! After attending a diploma nursing program where you spend three years working in every speciality, you never forget how to do something! I think Marvin was a bit amazed that I took it out so easily. Of course, kudos to his surgeon who put it in there correctly and left enough of the stitch to make it easy to snip!
4. While this is a happy time of the year for most of us, I have a few friends who are going through deep waters right now. Keep your eye out for those who might need a meal, a visit or just a smile and a Merry Christmas.
5. I played Santa Claus on Monday. I had been looking for some pretty poinsettias and I found the perfect ones at Home Depot. For only $10 you can get a medium size plant in a beautiful container that can be used after the holidays. I picked up three. One went to our next door neighbors who so sweetly pick up our mail and our newspaper when we travel to Georgia. The second one went to a family in our church who has been such an encouragement to me and Marvin as he was ailing on and off since July. They brought meals, came by for visits and most of all prayed for us. The third one went to a good friend who is battling cancer. She has been fighting for three years now and as usual it seems the cancer is starting to win the battle. Would you pray for her...God knows who she is. It was such fun to be on the giving end as I made my deliveries.
6. On Facebook this week, a friend posted a picture of an old Sears Christmas catalog. Oh what memories that brought back. My sisters and I used to fight over who got to look at it first!! It was prize property back in the 1960s. Our small town had limited shops so a lot of things came to our home via Sears and Roebuck. I remember the year I got a Mystery Date Game...I just loved it. Open the door to your mystery date...the song went. I can still hear it in my mind!! Of course no one wanted to get the DUD. Sweet memories of simpler times. Do you have a special memory of a toy Santa left under the tree?
Well time to hop out of the stream, dry off and get busy here in Nanaland. Have a blessed day dear friends.