Well the stream is frozen girls so we will just skate along...Don't fall down!!
1. I get several decorating magazines.( My sisters and friends say I am good at decorating but what they do not know is that I am a good copy cat!) One of my favorite home decor periodicals is HGTV magazine. My January issue arrived last week and when I sat down to look at it I was so disappointed. It seems that the new wave in Home Decor is jarring colors and tacky furniture. I get repainting a piece of furniture. ( re Our Music Cabinet) but what I saw in the Jan issue was just frightening. For a while, everything was hospital white, which looks better than the current trend. I guess I just enjoy the classic colors and pieces of furniture that will stand the test of time. I love Traditional Home, Southern Living and Veranda but most of the time their decorating budgets are much higher than my own! Could we have a home decor magazine for normal people. And HGTV Magazine...that is what you used to be! Let's go back to what worked in the beginning.
2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi Can I say that this is my favorite Star Wars movie? It was so good! But I will admit that the first Star Wars movie is a classic. And by first Star Wars movie I mean what is now number three. ( Are you confused yet?) George Lucas why did you make prequels and get my numbers all mixed up? I was in my early 20s when I first laid eyes on Luke Skywalker and I was hooked. Marvin and I recently watched our dvd of this movie and we were laughing at what was high tech back in the late 70s. Kendall and I returned to the theater yesterday to see The Last Jedi for the second time. After the movie was over we stopped at Krispy Kreme for a snack In these cold temps we need some carbs to keep warm!!While we ate our donuts, we talked about the movie and our theories for the subject of the next movie, which will be released in 2019. We also talked about some things we missed the first time we watched the movie. I won't publish any spoilers but we all know that Carrie Fisher passed away and Princess Leia will be no more. I do not think another actress could take her place. She IS Princess Leia/General Organa. If you need to spend three hours where it is warm...visit your local theater and travel to a galaxy far far away.
3. One of my goals for 2018 is to go through every drawer and closet in my house. I did get my craft room/attic area organized on Monday when I put away all the Christmas decorations. I am going to be stern with myself and if I have not used an object or article of clothing in the last six months I am tossing it or donating it. I thank Mrs Erica on You Tube for the inspiration for this job.
4. Re number three, I have a question for you all. I am thinking of getting rid of some personal correspondence I have held onto for many years. Some might be old love letters from my DH. I am not sure I would want my children reading them if I were to go suddenly and they were chunking my junk. Marvin and I say that our kiddos would have a dumpster delivered to our driveway and every thing in the house would be tossed!! I have a Floss Tube friend who says she will adopt all my cross stitch. The kids might put those pieces in a yard sale and sell them for a dollar each!! Of course some of this is jest but face it, the things we treasure do not mean much to the next generation. I saw an article online about the fact that Good Will type stores are filled with dishes and furniture of the Baby Boomer generation. Have you heard of the Swedish book about Death Cleaning? In Scandanavian countries, once you get old you start cleaning out your things so your children are not bothered. Sorry but that is a bit morbid to me. Yea or Nay on shredding the letters???
5. I really should have led with this point. Roll Tide. Tonight Alabama and Georgia will face off for the College Football Championship. Will I be pulling for Alabama? YES! Georgia Tech is my number one team but Alabama is a close second. We do not like the Bull Dawgs at this house. And I am tired of all my Georgia Kin Folks razing me about Georgia Beating Tech on a regular basis. If Alabama wins that will be some shut up juice for them but if Georgia wins, I may have to stay off Facebook for several days. And as my friend, Sandy said on her blog, it is over for another year after tonight. Time to move on to Ga Tech Basketball and hoping that the Atlanta Braves will have a good season this year.
6. We are anticipating some home improvement projects this year. Believe it or not we have lived in this town house for 10 years now. I plan to paint the living room, dining room and kitchen. However I will not be painting it, I realize that getting up up a ladder to paint 10 foot walls is in the past for me. Lenox Tan by Benjamin Moore will be the color of the day. I need to pick out an accent color for the tiny foyer between the bedroom and bathroom. It can be seen from the living room so it must coordinate. I am thinking of a dark rust color. Any paint colors you have used in the past that you have loved?
7. Everyone is purging their kitchens of the holiday temptations, myself included but I have to say there are two things in my cabinet that I am having a hard time letting go of! One is Biscuits and Gravy Lays Potato Chips. Oh my...they are so yummy. I WILL NOT buy them again. The other thing is the small Fast Break candy bars. I blame my sister, Leta, for telling me about these. Now I have Kendall addicted to them as well. I told her to eat the rest of the stash!!
Well time to get in the house, sit by the logs and have a hot drink! Have a blessed day friends.