The weather is warm this week so lets wade around in the stream and enjoy the spring like weather.
1. Daffodils are blooming in North Alabama. What is it about these perky yellow flowers that make me smile each time I see them?
2. Only one more episode of Victoria for this season!! I have enjoyed the second season more than the first season. My favorite episode so far is the one where Albert and Victoria get "lost" in Scotland and spend the night with an old crofter and his wife. Last night's episode was sad...the death of Mr Drummond and the return of disease for Albert's brother. For the life of me I cannot remember his name.
3. I made a Dollar Tree run on Monday and I have to say that their spring merchandise is really nice. I picked up some Easter plates and napkins for the Coffee Bar. I found a cute little sign for the back door. I will share some of the things I purchased later in the week.
4. I also made a Publix run. Publix is a grocery store that has roots in Florida. Thanks to my blog friend, Terri at Your Friend from Florida, for telling me a bit about this chain and its owner who is very philanthropic. Publix is a little pricier than Walmart but the stores are very clean, organized and the workers are trained in exemplary customer service. Because the store is located so close to my home, it is much more convenient than running into town.
5. Something I am loving right now is the Young Living Stress Away Bath Bombs. I had never used a bath bomb before and I did not know what I was missing. It is so relaxing to spend some quiet time in the tub at the end of the day. I do think it helps me to sleep better at night.
6. We are excited here in Decatur because we are getting a Chicken Salad Chick! I have never tried their food before but chicken salad is one of my favorite foods. We do have a wonderful eatery here called Java Jaay. Their chicken salad has crasins and cashews in it and they serve it on a nine grain bread that is delicious. I think the Besties and I will give Chicken Salad Chick a try next week.
7. I would be remiss if I did not mention the passing of Billy Graham this week. What an impact he had as an evangelist. I always admired his wife, Ruth Graham. She held down the home, allowing Billy to travel to preach the gospel. Every time I hear the hymn, Just As I Am, I think of the Billy Graham crusades. Another person from my childhood who has gone home.
Well the stream is a little shallow today and it is time to get on the road to Grimmwood. Maybe we can get in some porch sitting.