Well with all the rain, my stream is more like a river today...grab your boat and some oars.
1. Clean Up is ongoing here in Decatur. Marvin and I went downtown to eat at Mellow Mushroom on Friday and we were surprised at all the damage. It truly looked as if a tornado had hit our small town. We are fortunate that neighbors help neighbors here and our Utility Department worked non stop to restore power to everyone in the area.
2. I have several friends who are dealing with heavy burdens regarding elderly parents. I am thankful that my 86 year old mother is still able to live on her own with help from my sweet sisters. Mother spends most of her days embroidering pillow cases. She does beautiful work. We have had to ask her not to cook unless one of us is there with her. She forgets to turn off the stove...and sometimes she has forgotten that she has things cooking on the stove. It is hard for anyone who was very capable to realize that their mind is just not what it used to be. When I find myself getting impatient, I remind myself that one day I will need people to be patient with me.
3. Baylor Update....Katy and Ben have decided that Baylor will be in a contained classroom for special needs children next year. Being in a regular class room was just too much for our boy and it was causing anxiety. I am thankful for each of you who lift Baylor up in prayer. Please pray that he will be happier in his new classroom next year.
4. Many of you know one of my favorite books of recent years is A Man Called Ove. It is being made into a movie starring Tom Hanks. I really look forward to seeing it.
5. Katy shared that she and Margaret are reading Anne of Green Gables together. Margaret is a lot like Anne so that book is right up her alley.
6. I have been watching Call the Midwife on PBS. I am glad to see it has returned to the themes that made it popular when it premiered quite a few years ago. Watching those nurses almost makes me want to be one again. But I sit down quietly until that thought disappears.:)
7. Marvin got us Season Tickets to Ga Tech Football games again this year. I found the cutest pair of Sandals that I can wear until it gets cold. They are Clark's Lexi Marigold in Butter Yellow. They are really more Gold, which is a Tech Color. Now I have a purse and shoes in team colors. Go Tech.
8. As you know, we do not have internet or cable at Grimmwood so I try to take DVDs that we can watch while we are there. On the recommendation of many of you all, I ordered the first season of The Crown. We will watch one episode each evening so that we can make it last for a while. Next I plan to order the first season of This is Us. It is another one that we have heard good things about. Of course one of the best things about Grimmwood is that we spend a lot of time on reading and hobbies while we are there. We do not want to disrupt the peace we find there.
Well friends, time to hop out, dry off and head to my Physical Therapy appointment. Still working on that Range of Motion.