Let's dip a toe in the water...surely it has warmed up a bit now that May is just around the corner.
1. Most of you know I am a complete Anglophile. I love all things British so I was excited to hear the new prince is named Louis Arthur Charles. Louis is a nod to Lord Mountbatten as well as Phillip's grandfather. Arthur and Charles are names of his father and grandfather. Didn't Catherine look great as she left the hospital? I would never have made a princess as it took me at least two days to even think of doing my hair and make up, much less wearing heels. Okay...I never really wore high heels at all. Wedges are the only heels I can manage. By the Way....she prefers Catherine so I have read. It reminds me of the 80s when Diana was called Princess Di. She did not like that moniker at all.
2. Speaking of British things, Marvin and I are watching The Crown when we are at Grimmwood,( Remember we have no cable or internet there). We have really enjoyed it and I must say that Matthew Smith, a former Doctor Who, has the character of Prince Phillip down pat! The actress who plays Queen Elizabeth is lovely.
3. Marvin took me on a date last Thursday evening. We saw the movie, A Quiet Place, starring John Krasisnski and Emily Blunt. It was a thriller but one with a moral to the story. A young family must live in silence to protect themselves from creatures who have invaded Earth. The creatures are blind but have keen hearing...so you better be quiet! I wanted to see this movie after reading a review of it by Bishop Robert Barron. He noted the theological tones of the movie...something he was not sure was planned or not. We had Chick Fil A for dinner as we discussed the movie. There were some inconsistencies but again it is just a movie.
4. Spring Cleaning is upon me as I have spent several days purging closets and book shelves. I decided to be brutal with my books and keep only the ones I KNOW I will read again. I donated my discards to the Library Book Room so our library will benefit from my purge.
5. May is my birthday month and I have asked Marvin for a special gift. We inherited his Mother's drum table and it is a little worse for wear. Embracing Shabby Chic, it sits in my living room but it needs some refreshing. It is off at the refinishers to get a face lift. I am looking forward to seeing it all pretty again.
6.I woke up from a nightmare this morning. It is not a nightmare in terms of monsters or such. My nightmare always consists of trying to get somewhere and being constantly prevented from reaching my goal. I dreamed I was supposed to go with a girl friend to check on her husband who is in poor health and he was not answering the phone. I was trying to call Marvin to tell him where I was and all had in my purse was a flip phone. I could not figure out how to use it...then my car was acting up. I woke up with my heart racing!! I just got up and started my day! No sense in trying to drift back off. Am I the only one who has this type of recurring dream?
Well I guess that is enough chatter. Have a good day dear friends...as always, I love sharing life with you!