Well its October in Alabama and still hot...so lets just go for a swim!!
1. I was very proud of myself for getting the winter comforter dry-cleaned and back on the bed. Now we turn the AC down and the Ceiling Fan on high and we are still sweating.:) I also cleaned the Summer bedspread and I have it stored away until next year! Hoping the cooler temps show up soon.
2. I went back to Hobby Lobby to get a big tray identical to the one I used for my November finish I shared on Saturday. Would you believe that they were ALL gone? Oh well, I will have to come up with another idea for a finishing piece.
3. In addition to putting my Winter Comforter on the bed, I began to change out my closet. I just know that one day we will wake up and it will be chilly and I will need a long sleeved top. I always take this time to go through each piece of clothing in my closet. Toss or Donate is my motto. I have given up on Yard Sales, I would rather donate my gently used clothes to someone who can use them.
4. Katie at Preppy Empty Nester had a cute post about handbags on Saturday. If you know me at all you know I never met a purse I didn't like ( or want!). I have tried to purge my closet but someone keeps putting new purses on my closet shelf. I wonder who that could be?
5. I am looking for some good shoes that give support but are still stylish. I would appreciate any suggestions you ladies might have. I remember my elementary school teachers wearing lace up shoes that I thought of as OLD LADY shoes. I may be ready for those myself. I tried those thigh high panty hose in a pinch so I might be an old lady myself.
6. I was reading an article online about a movie star who is becoming a grandmother for the first time and her only thought about the good news was that she did not want to be a grandma. That made me feel so sad for her. You may not want to be a grandma but you cannot be a young person forever. I see so many women who seem frantic to remain young and it makes me want to give them a stern lecture about the blessings of growing older. Being a Grandma is one of the major blessings of getting older.
7. I must admit I am addicted to the Real Housewives of Floss Tube, Chelsea and Priscilla. I look forward to Saturdays as that is when they post a new video on their channel. I was in Hobby Lobby picking out some Reds, Greens and Golds for Christmas Stitching when my phone pinged. Chelsea and Priscilla had posted their video early!!Well I paid for my floss and headed home so I could see what the latest is on their stitching and finishing. I have to also admit that I get lots of my finishing ideas from Priscilla. She is very creative and is so generous in sharing her ideas with her viewers. Thanks Priscilla.
We are off to Grimmwood this weekend. It is Homecoming at GA TECH. B E A T Beat Duke. We play them a lot at Homecoming. It is always fun to walk around the campus and to see all the Homecoming Decorations as well as picking up lots of fan freebies. Go TECH...sting em.