1. Since fall has finally arrived, I decided it was time to look for some new winter jammies. I went to three stores before I found what I wanted at Ross. And let me tell you, Christmas is OUT this week at all the stores I visited. I know many of you do not want to rush the seasons but I have learned from experience that if you do not pick up some things now, the inventory is limited later on.
2. I woke to messages from some of my nursing school friends that there are new grand babies in the group. What an exciting time for my friends. There is nothing like a new baby. One of the babies was born in France!! ( the parents are missionaries there) so we decided it might be time for a trip to Europe!! I'm not sure Europe is ready for the Mini Reunion Gals....this is what we call ourselves since we try to have mini reunions now and then.
3. Speaking of Nursing School, I had another crazy dream that I was back in school and I had lost all my uniforms. I am sure I would make a good study for a psychiatrist. It has been 40 something years since I was a young student at Georgia Baptist but it really made an impression on me.
4. Fall always makes me want to bake but the real problem is I want to eat what I bake. I have been on the hunt for the best chocolate cake( my favorite). I tried a Southern Living recipe that was pretty good but still not as good as the cupcakes at Muddy's Bakery in Memphis. If you are ever in the Memphis area, check out their chocolate chocolate cupcake called Prozac. It is the BEST I have ever tasted. I did cut up my chocolate cake to share with neighbors as well as Amelia and Todd so I did not eat the whole thing myself.
5. Only one week until Halloween. I picked up my candy at Walmart yesterday. I always do full size bars of candy as we get so few trick or treaters. I got Hershey bars and Reeses Cups. When I was a child it was normal in our area to get a full size bar of candy but back in the OLDEN DAYS I am not sure they made the smaller pieces of candy. And there were those houses who gave out APPLES or popcorn balls. We knew everyone we visited as we lived in the country and had to trick or treat by car. So no worries about razor blades etc. Now we have to worry about peanut allergies. Do people make pop corn balls these days? I am not a fan of them myself but they are cute treats.
6. I am also trying to get back into a walking routine by going to the Mall where it is heated and I can get a lot of steps in at one time. I have to say that I had not been to our mall in a while and I was surprised to see there are very few shops there these days. I believe that Belk's and the AMC movie theater are the businesses that are keeping our mall open. I remember when I went to Atlanta to school and saw my FIRST mall...I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was just overwhelming to this little country girl. Another reminder that times do change!! Now that Decatur has Target and other stores located away from the mall, people just do not go to the Decatur Mall. A company recently purchased it with hopes of bringing it back. They have done so many improvements but still empty stores.
Well time to get busy around the house. Today is early dismissal day for the kiddos so Nana will have to get her chores done before lunch. Is is me or does it seem like kids do not go to school as much as we did? There is early dismissal or holiday or break every week or so!! Lucky ducks!!