Good COLD morning friends...we will just pretend we are in the Stream. I think it is too cold even for skating today!
1. Thanks to all of you who prayed the snow away yesterday so that Marvin could get his epidural. I will keep you updated as to its effectiveness. We were very pleased with the surgical center where we had it done. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Our last experience at a different surgery center caused us to look elsewhere. Different center, different doctor and we hope a good result.
2. I posted the picture of the book club book but then did not say a word about the book itself. It is a fictionalized account of a trip Agatha Christie took on the Orient Express to get over her divorce. She meets two other women who are also facing difficult days and they form a friendship that sees them through a dangerous situation. It was a good book and I will be looking for more books by Lindsay Ashford.
3. My grands were all very disappointed that there was NO SNOW! Katy said the Hoover Grimmlins were up at six o'clock to see the snow. They did get a dusting.
In the south, this is about as much snow as we need.lol
4. I am cooking a roast in the crock pot today. The weather is very cold even with no snow and I am concerned for all my friends who live up north. This really was an arctic blast. Here in Alabama we are supposed to have temps in the 60s next week. Come on 60s!
5. I just watched the latest episode of Victoria. Is it just me or is it much darker this season? I do not like it when Victoria and Albert are squabbling. And poor little Bertie. Some think he might have had dyslexia and that is the reason he did not do well at his studies. I think it was providential that Victoria lived a long life and Bertie only had a short reign of nine years.
6. It was 33 years ago this week that the Challenger disaster took place. I can remember sitting at home with Charles doing a puzzle, watching the launch and seeing the explosion. Such a sad day. We lived in Huntsville at the time and it was big news there as NASA has such a presence in Huntsville.
7. And here it is the end of January already. Time is flying by again...I have my fingers crossed Mr Groundhog...give us an early spring!
Hope you all are keeping safe and warm wherever you are today!!