Well after all the rain we have received, we might need life jackets for the Stream today!
1. My friend Diane has a new blog...Lavender Dreams New.www.lavenderdreamsnew.blogspot.com I have read Diane's blog( Lavender Dreams Too) for years and last week it was wrongly taken down by Blogger. She lost ten years of blogs, photos and comments. She is working to get it restored but it is not an easy process. I feel so badly for her and it is worrisome that it could happen to any of us without warning. Please visit her blog and encourage her today.
2. I really enjoyed stitching with the North Alabama Stitchers on Saturday. We had three new ladies join us to stitch. It is always fun to meet new stitchers in our area. We have different stitching interests but our love of stitching brings us together. We were chuckling over the fact that on Victoria on Masterpiece last Sunday evening, Uncle Leopold was stitching something in an embroidery hoop!!
3.Marvin has been trying to stay away from Sweets but Dear Daughter Amelia, showed up with Girl Scout Thin Mints. That was the end of that! He did put them in the freezer and he will make them last as long as possible.
4. Now that Marvin is feeling better we are easing into Retirement...or as I prefer to call it, The Endless Weekend. I had to run some errands the other day and I came home to find that Marvin had folded a load of clothes and he had emptied the dishwasher. These are the perks of retirement. Emptying the dish washer is one chore I just do not enjoy at all. I also helped him clean his man cave so that he could see what needed to be done each week so he is taking over that chore as well. Go Me!
5. Well it is warm enough here that I am going to venture out for a pedicure today. I really do not see the need for nail polish when I am wearing socks and tennis shoes. I think the first pedicure means spring is in sight.
6. I have to be a bragging mama for a minute. Our son, Charles, was invited to a forum at his undergraduate university as a distinguished alumni. He gave a talk at one of the forums and he said it was fun to be back on the campus where he had many good memories. He is writing his dissertation and teaching English at Georgia Highlands College. Hopefully we will have another Dr Grimm in 2020.
Well that is about all that is in my brain this morning. Hope everyone has a good week!