Well April sure pulled a trick on us Southerners by plunging the temps back into the 30s! Hopefully this is the last of old man Winter! Lets sit by the stream and let our minds wander.
1. I call these posts the stream because my Son the English Professor tells me I write in a stream of consciousness. Oh well...I am thankful there even is a stream! I remember watching 30 Something back in the day and one of Ellyn's paramour's daughter went to a school that required the students to keep a Stream of Consciousness Notebook. This is my version of that!
2. My friend, Shelly Key X Stitch got all of her you tube viewers Monday on Floss Tube. I love Shelley and look forward to her videos so I turned it on to see her sharing some of her recent ideas for Cross Stitch. The first one was taping all her Floss Bags to the wall in her craft room as decoration. I thought, "Oh Well to each their own!" Then she shared that she was doing some smalls that she planned to add to her bathroom by using clear packing tape to tape them to the tiles. People I am slow...she continued this silliness all with a straight face and then I suddenly got it...April Fool!! I would never be able to carry out such silliness without laughing but Shelley was just matter of fact and fooled all of us. Did anyone else get tricked???
3. I picked up the latest issue of Southern Lady magazine yesterday. It is so lovely with all the spring photos and ideas for a Mothers Day Brunch. We will be in Chatsworth for Easter this year and I need to come up with some side dishes to share. I need to talk this over with the Sisters.
4.My mother told me she has been cleaning out some drawers and she found the New Testament that Daddy carried while he was in Japan during the Korean Conflict. She asked if one of my boys would like it so I suggested giving it to Landon as he has a big interest now in history and he is old enough to understand that this little Bible is special.
5.Margaret painted a picture for me to hang at Grimmwood. I have quite a few Cow pictures and now I have a Purple Cow to hang up!! Margaret assured me that black and while cows had been over done ..a purple cow is something to make a person take a second look. She is her own quirky little self and I enjoy her so much. I will share it with yall when I hang it at Grimmwood.
6. I have found a good book...Liane Moriarty's Nine Perfect Strangers. It is about a group of people who are on retreat at Tranquilum. They have paid big bucks to come for a 10 day retreat where there are Noble Silences, periods of fasting along with small treats at the spa including massage and facials. So far I am enjoying it. I have always been intrigued by how groups of people function together. I used to watch Real World on MTV with my teenagers because I was so interested in the group interaction.
7. I was very happy to find one of my unicorn cross stitch charts this week. A unicorn chart is one that you have been on the hunt for for ages. My Unicorn is Weather Wise by Prairie Schooler....it suddenly appeared on Etsy! So now it is on its way to Alabama.
I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.