My first wade into the stream in 2020.
1. I have to start this post with a memorial to MC Beaton. One of my favorite mystery writers passed away recently. She lived to a good old age and was a prolific writer to the end. She kept up with social media and often started her posts with "Marion here". Her Hamish Macbeth mystery series was my favorite and the Agatha Raisin books were a close second. I did read one or two of her regency romances which she authored under Marion Chesney. So many of my favorite authors have passed, I am going to have to find some new favorites.
2. This year I have decided to make an effort to try some new recipes. As it is just the two of us, I dont cook as much as I did when the children were home but I need to do better. I am going to start with the Lets Do Lunch and More Cookbook by Debra Hewitt. Debra runs a poplular eatery here in Decatur called Lets Do Lunch. I purchased her cookbook last year but have not really tested any of the recipes.
3. One other goal for this year is reading through the Bible. I have done this in the past but it has been a while so it is time to dig into God's Word and see the big picture that you get when you read from cover to cover.
4. At our family get together we had so many good things to eat. Two were "memory" foods. My grandmtoher, Naomi, made a Danish Cake for all our family get togethers. It is basically a cake with brown sugar coconut and dates. ( I remember picking out the dates as a child!) My sister, Kristi made it for all of us. My cousin, Misty made a peanut butter cake that my Aunt Jannelle baked for their family gatherings. Oh my it was delicious. I got the recipe right away. I am going to test it out and then I will share it with yall. Isn't it funny how foods can just transport us back in time to special people and places? I still remember my Grandmother Tankersley's chicken and dressing. It was so good. We have decided that we are going to get together more frequently and the ones that can come will come and we won't worry about trying to get everyone there. That is a Herculean task these days!
5. Come back on Monday the 13th and I will be sharing my Blog Giveaway for reaching 100 followers. Nothing extravagant just a box of things I hope you can use in the New Year.
6. I wanted to share a clothing store where I have found modest, reasonably priced clothing. Christopher and Banks. They are online for me but they do have some stand alone stores in parts of the US. I came across their ad in the Pioneer Woman magazine and took a chance at ordering from them. The clothes are well made and at the end of the year they had a huge sale where I grabbed some bargains.
Well that is about all that is swimming around in the stream this morning. Hope you all have a wonderful day as we enter this shiny new year.