Well it is warming up in NoAla....wading weather is coming.
1. We have had two days of mild temperatures and I must say this little old lady is glad that she is not freezing.lol I am turning into my grandmother. I wear a sweat shirt jacket most of the time in my house. Of course Grandpa...otherwise known as Mr Frugal, makes me keep the thermostat set at 70.:) My stitching chair is right by the front window and it can get chilly there when the shutters are open. The trees are all budding and it truly looks as if spring is coming.
2. Along with spring comes Tornados. I was sorry to see that Nashville was hit in the early morning hours on Tuesday. It is true all Southerners have their tornado closet and thanks to better weather predictions we often know in advance one is approaching but our homes are no match for a tornado. My heart goes out to those affected by the tornado in Nashville. As of this writing 21 people had lost their lives in the central Tennessee tornado. We are so thankful that our nephew, Barry, and his family are fine. His wife, Mary, told me that the tornado was quite near them but they slept through the whole thing. So she was especially grateful that they were all ok. I imagine they were not the only ones who were unaware of the danger. I found out that we had a tornado watch here around two am but Marvin and I were sleeping with no knowledge of it. I thought I had the weather alerts on my phone so I need to check that and make sure we are awakened the next time there is a watch or warning. The sirens go loud and long but I have slept through them in the past.
3.I voted yesterday. Election years are always interesting. I do not post about politics here at my happy place but I will say I am so tired of Mr Bloomberg's ads. It seems they are everywhere, even on You Tube. And correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Rudy Giuliani mayor of NYC when 9-11 occurred. Some people really do pad their resumes.
4. I made dinner on Monday evening for some dear friends who moved to a new( to them) rancher. They lived here in our townhouse community but they longed for a house with a yard so they moved to the neighborhood where Marvin and I lived when we moved to Decatur. Moving is never fun but as you get older it is harder. Their rancher is lovely but it had not been updated in about 30 years so they had a lot of remodeling to do as well. It will be a showcase when it is completed. They were worn slap out as we say here... the fit bit reported they had walked almost 20,000 steps in one day!!
5. Will you be doing spring cleaning? In the old days homemakers did a big spring clean to freshen everything up after the long dreary winter. I still do some spring cleaning. I plan to start next week. I usually take one room at a time and really deep clean. First up is my guest bedroom. I will be washing linens, cleaning the shutters and going through the dresser in that room one more time to declutter. I have my neighborhood book club coming on March 23rd so spring cleaning must be finished by then.
6. It seems the corona virus news is every where. Being an old nurse, I have remained calm about it. Viruses go where they will and we have little control over it. Unfortunately as with the flu, the elderly, the young and those with compromised immune systems are most at risk. Of course now I am in the Elderly category so I would be considered at risk. A little reminder from Nancy Nurse, door knobs are the most germ ridden things in our environment...so wash your hands!