We have been enjoying some lovely weather here in Alabama...a bit to cold to wade in the stream but let's just sit and visit.
1. Marvin and I are OLD. We have lived in this house for almost 13 years. During that 13 years, we had our recliners right in the front window. Great light for reading and stitching. But, it is chilly. Builder grade windows can be drafty especially in the winter. So I told Marvin, we are moving our furniture around and we are not sitting in the front window any longer. Believe it or not, he agreed. Now Marvin is your typical engineer/physicist. Every thing has a place. Everything should stay in that place FOREVER and EVER, Amen. So we huffed and puffed as we moved things around and so far we like the change. We moved the sofa in front of the window so that helps with the draft. I can stitch with my OTT light on, no need for ambient light so I am good. Marvin's recliner is pointed right at the tv so we are both happy campers.
2. I have to say I enjoyed my blog break. It is good to just let go of routine every now and again. I did not have to come up with ideas for the blog and I enjoyed the holidays. We had Christmas with Ben and Katy on the Saturday before Christmas. Katy made some great finger foods and we opened gifts and visited. Christmas Eve was with Amelia and Todd. Again, we had finger foods, opened presents and visited with all four of the grands in their clan. Christmas day was just me and Marvin. We had breakfast, went to church and then came home to open gifts. A late lunch then prepping to go to Grimmwood. Sunday was Christmas with my mom and sisters. Tuesday we headed to Canton for Christmas with the little ones. As I mentioned before we wore masks as we had been exposed to covid. Joshua finally realized who we were when we took our masks off to eat lunch. He came and got in Grandpa's lap. We came back to Alabama because there was a threat of tornadoes on New Years Eve. ( Winter in the South...hot days, then storms and cold days.) Fortunately the weathermen got that one wrong.
3. Saturday I got all the Christmas decor put away. I worked a bit each day to get things put back in place. And as I did not decorate as much as I used to do, it was not so bad. Even Marvin was surprised I had
so few boxes to go back to the attic. We also watched football. Our Alabama Crimson Tide is going to the National Championship and believe it or not we play Ohio State. Most everyone predicted that Clemson would win the match against OSU. But those Buckeyes came to play. I told Marvin that Trevor's hair was not looking its best and I think it affected his game. Trevor is the Clemson Quarterback known for his flowing tresses. Hey he is a cute guy!! But then I am a girl of the 70s and we like long hair on boys. So one more week and the big game will be here. Roll Tide.
4. Is anyone else still on the struggle bus with Blogger? I am just not a fan of the new and improved platform. My spacing is often off and uploading pictures makes me want to pull my hair out. We had our stimulus money arrive at the bank and I am earmarking mine to save for a new laptop. My Mac Air is five years old and doing all sorts of crazy things. I have two browsers on the dashboard as I cannot open Instagram or Hotmail on Safari anymore. GRRR....rant over.
5. Marvin and I have decided that when we get our vaccine, we are going to go to Savannah for a visit. I have been looking at some condos at Tybee. We are hoping for a late spring trip when the azaleas are blooming. Just browsing the condos on VBRO made me feel better. We missed our fall beach trip due to the hurricane so a spring trip might be in order. When we visit Savannah, we get to see extended family. eat lots of sea food, have breakfast at Sunny Side Up and shop at Byrds for Scotch Oatmeal cookies. I like to get a least one praline while we are in Savannah. Luckily the praline shop is near my sis in law's house. It is hard to beat Savannh in the spring time.
Well that is about all that is rattling around in my mind this morning. I hope everyone is having a good start to the New Year.