Good Morning from sunny NoAla. Temps in the 70s this week which is lovely after our long and dreary winter. It seems we seldom saw the sun so we are basking in it now. Come take a dip in the stream.
1. Bee Update. Not good news I am afraid. Our bees died in the last cold snap. There was honey in the hive to eat but it just got too cold. So Marvin is selling his hives and equipment. We gave it our best try but we both agree that Bees need a Bee Man who is there all the time. My mother told me that my Granddaddy Tankersley walked around his hives every day. And he had great success.
2. All the grand boys are doing well. Joshua is fever free. Landon goes for a recheck on his ear on the 16th and Elliott is still in his cast. On the girl front, Audrey started playing soccer. We saw pictures after the game. Watching the little ones play soccer is always comical. But they are learning and enjoying some time outdoors which is a good thing.
3. I got in some of my spring clothes. If you have not shopped with Lands End in a while I recommend them to you. When the company was sold to Sears, I stopped ordering clothing from them. The quality was not there. But recently they have made an effort to compete with LLBean again it seems. Their ladies yoga pants are very nice for everyday wear and I wear them out and about as well. I got some capris and I am happy with them as well. Prices are very good for the quality of the garment.
4. Marvin and I will be fully immunized against covid on Friday. We have been told it takes two weeks after the second vaccine. My sisters got their first dose this week. They are caregivers for my 90 year old mother so that helped them to get in line. Niece Laura also got a vaccine as she works for the Court system and she has to make visits to the jail where she could be exposed so I am glad she got her first dose as well. We are planning a trip to Savannah in April....woo hoo....so excited about a trip. While we have been fortunate to be able to spend time at Grimmwood this last year, we are both ready to get back on the road. We had traveled a lot in 2019 and we so enjoyed those trips.
5. A friend of ours is now traveling again on business. He went through the Atlanta airport last week and he reported to us that only ONE restaurant was open in the WHOLE terminal. I believe it was a pizza place. So if you do plan on taking a plane trip. Put some snacks in your carry on bag!!
6. Our son, Charles, is a professor at Georgia Highlands College. The state of Georgia opened vaccines to teachers but not COLLEGE teachers. Alabama to the rescue. He was able to get an appt for his first vaccine in his home state. He will drive across the state line to Centre Alabama to be vaccinated. Thank you Alabama for being more progressive that your sister state. This mama thanks you! You may have seen our governor, Kay Ivey. She looks like anyone's grandmother. Most of us call her MeeMaw Ivey. She has the best Alabama accent too. Check her out on You Tube. Just Google Kay Ivey and there is a video of her reading Oh the Places You Will Go by Dr Suess. Enjoy!
Well time to get out of the stream and get busy! Have a good day friends.