I am going to be taking a blogging break for a while. I need to recharge my batteries and that means time away from social media. I will be reading your blogs and if you want to keep up with me, feel free to friend me on Facebook and Instagram. Hopefully when I return I will have something to talk about!!
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
We spent Saturday with Ben and Katy. It was so good to see them in person and to know that they are doing well after the tornado.
Here is the other side of the street....all those trees just gone. Thanking God that there were no fatalities. I am so thankful for basements!! They were a life saver that day.
We asked if it sounded like a train as we always hear. Katy said it sounded like sustained thunder for about 15 to 20 seconds though it seemed longer. When they stepped out of their basement into the driveway, they could not believe the devastation.
Margaret took me up to her room where the ceilings in her bathroom had been removed. They hope the roof will be repaired next week. Their new garage doors are in place but it will be a while before their house is back to normal.
Thanking God once again for his Protection of my dear ones.
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Yes I had some haul this week....
Cathy Roginella at Inspired Needle sent me two skeins of Terrapin for my Lizzie Kate Christmas ABCs. My sisters got me Praiseworthy Stitches Country Church Yard for Christmas. I needed a big piece of blue fabric to stitch it on. 16 count Aida in the color, Willow Wisp. Of course, Cathy doesn't send me packages unsolicited....if only she did!!:) This will be another long term project.
Jen at Jen's Stitching Niche on ETSY, sent me this one. I believe there was only one left in stock when I put this in my cart. As Brenda and Laura say, Buy All the Blackbird.( Flosstubers Brenda and the Serial Starter). This one will go in to my chart file for next summer. I cannot start a new piece until I finish my Blackbird Lady Liberty drum.
I did work on Though He Seemeth Sleeping.
I had two finishes...
I am not sure what I am in the mood to stitch this week. My rotation has gone by the wayside and I just stitch on whatever floats my boat. However, I do need to work on some patriotic stitches if I want them done by this summer.
Happy stitching Friends.
Friday, April 9, 2021
Some of you asked why the older ones do not want their pictures taken....is it just on the blog or just in general. Well Hampton and Kendall are at that awkward age, I think they have social anxiety about how they look. Even though Kendall sports bright pink hair, she is a quiet and introspective girl. Marvin asked me today how much longer the pink hair phase is going to last.:) I told him do not dare say anything to her about it or she might wear it forever. Hudson and Landon are not as bad but when the older ones do not want their picture taken, I just put my camera aside. I do have one picture of Landon.
The other day I noticed water was standing in the cabinet under the sink. That is always a fun way to start the day. Thankfully I have a great plumber and he came right out and took care of things. Turns out we needed a new faucet.
I am going to share something with yall that has been a long time in the making. Marvin and I had been doing a lot of reading about the early church and after much thought and prayer we decided to attend RCIA and join the Catholic Church. We started attending classes back in September and we were recently welcomed into the church. My old neighbor, Euny, was my sponsor. She and her husband, Brian, were coming for my first communion but then covid hit their family. They plan to come next weekend instead. Marvin's sponsor was his old high school friend, Tommy. Most of our close friends knew we had joined Annunciation but we have not been very vocal about it, understanding that many of our friends are scratching their heads at this change at our ages. All I can say is, we truly feel God lead us in this direction and we have been so blessed by our church and our priest, Father Merrell. As we told our pastor at our previous church, we are not mad and we did not wake up one morning and decided we want to be Catholic. It was a journey of faith that lead us down this road. Now to the funny part. On Sunday afternoon, my friend, Susan, texted me and asked if I wanted her to save the picture of me and Marvin in the Sunday paper. What picture? What ????
This picture was made on our first communion, February 27th.
Thursday, April 8, 2021
The Stream is rather shallow this am but let's see what is swimming around in Nana's mind.
1. It seems spring has finally sprung here. The snowball bushes are blooming along with the dogwoods and azaleas. I will not be surprised if we have one more cold snap before it gets truly hot. I have worked in my closet a bit but Nana has left a few long sleeved shirts hanging within reach.
2. With Spring comes doing some fixits around the house. I need to do some touch up paint to the front porch and just general cleaning out there. We need to get some mulch for the flower beds.....hoping Landon can help Grandpa with that chore.
3. Landon had his first soccer game of the season. They won 10 to zero. It was rather sad as the other team had much smaller and younger players. Their coach also screamed, and I mean SCREAMED at them the whole game. What child would even want to play when the coach is so over the top. I heard one little girl say, I was doing my best. I wanted to go and give her a Nana hug. Bless her heart.
4. We are going to Ben and Katy's on Saturday for Baylor's belated birthday party. I dread seeing their neighborhood after it was ravaged by the tornado. Such is life in the south, however. While we are tornado aware we are always wary.
5. I have continued reading the Miss Read books. Thrush Green is my favorite neighborhood in this particular series. Marvin and I are watching Shitzel again. It is our "story". We have gotten quite attached to our friends in Jerusalem. The baby girl on the show is named Devorah but they call her Devorahlea.( Devorala) I think I will call my friend, Deborah that!! It is a loving diminutive for Devorah( Deborah).
6. Okay, Jeopardy fans...who is your favorite guest host? The Jeopardy producer...I cannot think of his name, was my favorite but Aaron Rogers is growing on me. He wins hands down in the looks department. He is the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers and he is engaged to one of my favorite actresses, Shailene Woodley. You may remember her from Divergent and The Fault in our Stars. If I ever need a good cry, I watch Steel Magnolias or The Fault in our Stars. Honestly, every time Sally Field does the monologue in the cemetery I am weeping right along with her. My cry point in the Fault in our Stars comes when Hazel Grace gets the phone call that Gus has died. When I saw that movie in the theater I had some personal issues going on at the same time and it was all I could do not to break down completely. Sometimes a good cry is good for what ails you.
Have a good day friends.
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
It is rather sad being the nana to older grands. I much prefer it when they came running to the door, so happy to see Nana and Grandpa. Well maybe they still feel that way, but they do not show it as much! My little ones are in Birmingham and Canton so I did not get to see them on Easter. We are going to Bham on Saturday to celebrate Baylor's birthday. I will try to take some pictures. Margaret is just getting so tall.
Elliott is growing too.
Saturday, April 3, 2021
Happy Easter! I finished my April Word Play just in time.
April Showers came out as well...this old Prairie Schooler Favorite always brightens the corner where it sits.
Well after stitching Easter I decided to work on another holiday...Christmas.
I found a big sled along with the chart that I was gifted ....cleaning out your craft closet is always interesting. You find all sorts of things you put away so well, you could not find them.
I also finished Baylor's Christmas ornament on World Autism Awareness Day.
I received a bit of haul.
I also wanted to share a new ( to Me) Floss Tuber...Cynthia Brew. I have had to find some new Floss Tube friends as many of the stitchers I watched in the past have really slowed down their channels. Cynthia is from Texas. She is a wife, mom and Believer. She does beautiful stitching along with other fabric crafts. And may I say, she has the most soothing voice. I guess that does not matter to some but I have always admired a beautiful speaking voice. When you have that East Tennessee Appalachian accent, like me, you marvel at smooth accents. While I am from north Ga, our speech is definitely Appalachian. Check her out if you are looking for a new floss Tube friend.