Swimming down stream this morning...jump in and join me!!
1. I finally finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. Now I can relax and enjoy preparing all the sweet goodies for Christmas Day. This year we will gather at three in the afternoon on Christmas Day to celebrate. We decided no gifts for the adults this year. We will just enjoy watching the children open their presents. I am doing finger foods for us to nibble on as we visit. I was doing a big Christmas Dinner that no one ate because they had been to the in laws houses for a meal and the kiddos were just too excited to eat. In stead, I will do a Christmas Eve meal for two and enjoy the left overs. Traditions are good and I am definitely a traditionalist but sometimes those traditions can be tweaked.
2. One of my favorite places to shop is Tractor Supply. I did finish up some of my Christmas Shopping there yesterday. They really have some unique home decor items, clothes and calendars. Marvin is a tall man and wears an extra large tall. In the past I have had to order shirts from LL Bean and Lands End to get the right fit for him. However, we have found some nice shirts at Tractor Supply for less than half of what I pay at the preppy stores. They are made of good material and hold up well. So if your budget is limited, check out Tractor Supply for a unique gift or two.
3. YETI...have you heard of these amazing hot/cold cups that are THE Christmas gift this year? I was able to snag one before they disappeared. Apparently they are the "Cabbage Patch Doll of the 80s" in the mania that surrounds them. I was able to get a Cabbage Patch Doll for my Amelia back in the day because Aunt Lanny was diligent in searching them out and allowed me to purchase one from her!! Then she gifted Charles one named Stanley. Believe it or not he still has Stanley and now he belongs to Audrey.
4. While I was in Hartselle yesterday I dropped off another Prairie Schooler Sampler to be framed. It is a Winter theme so I will display it on an easel in my kitchen when I put away my Christmas bling. I am so thankful for Slate Framing and Gallery. They do a great job at a very reasonable price.
5. I wanted to tell some of you that I am having problems posting on your blogs. It seems to be those that are not part of Blogger. It just started last week and it is very frustrating. I am glad you all have Facebook pages so I will post there until I figure out the problem. If anyone has any ideas on solving this problem I would be glad for the advice. Google let me down on this one.
6. Today I will be cooking and cleaning as I am hosting Deborah and Susan for our Christmas lunch tomorrow. When I count my blessings, I count these two friends twice!
Take some time in these busy days to pause and reflect on the true meaning of the Season. Bishop Robert Barron at Word on Fire has a good Advent Devotion today about the meaning of the Good News. It blessed my heart and reminded me that the Good News came with a price. You cannot celebrate Christmas without celebrating Easter too! Have a blessed day Blog Buddies!!