It is a warm morning here in NoAla, so let's paddle along in the stream before starting our day.
1. I am reading a good book.
2. I am working along on my Smoky Mountain Christmas SAL...stitch a long. A group of us are in a Facebook group dedicated to stitching this piece of needlework.
3. One of the things I am looking forward to is a visit from my Georgia Baptist Besties at the end of March. They will be coming to Grimmwood for a fun weekend. We were all great friends in Nursing School and let me tell you, that shared experience bonds you for life. I was looking for a little Welcome gift to have for them when they arrive and Prep Obsessed helped me make up my mind!
4. The first weekend in March is Missions Conference at our church.
5.Today is early dismissal for Kendall and Landon. By the time I take them to school, come home and do a few chores it is time to pick them up!! It seems to me that kids have many more Days off and early dismissal than I ever had. Of course I went to school when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
6. Many of you asked if I had seen the series, The Crown. We do not have net flicks so I have not been able to watch this series. Friend, Deborah, assures me it would be right up my alley. I will be looking for it when it comes out on DVD. I saw that William and Harry have commissioned a statue of their mom, Diana, It is nice to know these boys are still thinking of their mother and want her to be recognized. Being an anglophile, I have enjoyed the show about Henry VIII's six wives that aired after Victoria on our PBS station. I have always found them fascinating and this show brought new insights. Divorced, Beheaded, Died, Divorced, Beheaded, Lived! And while we are talking about the English Royalty, I read that Philippa Gregory is doing a new book on Lady Jane Grey. If you do not know who she is, her family tried to get her on the throne after the death of Henry VIII's only son, Edward. It did not end well for her. She ruled a few days and was beheaded. The Tudor Court was not a very safe place to live in those times.
Well time to drink some coffee and get busy!! Have a blessed day!