Good Morning....let's see what is flowing through Nanaland this morning...
1. I had my DNA done at Ancestry. I was surprised to find I was only 4% English. Mostly Scottish, Irish and Welsh. I decided to subscribe to Ancestry for six months so I could do a little more research and put my family tree online. I have found out that three branches of my family came from Renfrew, Scotland. Now I am wondering if they all knew one another before they immigrated to America. Two are on my Daddy's side of the family and one on my mother's branch. I do have several family mysteries that I am trying to solve. I actually sent a letter to a fourth cousin that I do not know to see if he could shed light on my mystery. Of course, he probably thinks I am a crazy person from Alabama. Secretly I am hoping he will respond to my letter. Am I obsessed? Maybe just a bit.
2.I was really upset this week when I went to Amazon to order the 4th season of Shetland and all they have are British versions that will not play on American DVDs. I could watch it on Netflix if I had Netflix. So I went to the library and checked out the first season of Cadfael to take to Grimmwood this week. We watched Cadfael many years ago on Mystery so I think we will enjoy the reruns.
3. Marvin and I joke that Britain must have only 100 actors/actresses in the whole land. We see the same ones on the British DVDs we enjoy. We are always saying, "Oh that is so and so from such and such." And if we have an argument about it, we check Internet Movie Database.:)
4. I had a great time at my Stitching meeting the other day. Twelve ladies were in attendance and it was so neat to see what different stitching personalities that were represented. North Alabama Stitchers is celebrating one year of existence. Many thanks to Brenda who started the group and does all the administrative work for the group.
5. Marvin took some time over the weekend to go through the last of his mother's things. It was hard for him to toss some of the sentimental things but as I reminded him, they have been in boxes for almost five years now and we have not missed them. We did find a few sweet things that we kept. One was a thank you note that Ben had written to his grandma Saramina. I mailed it to Ben and he can make the decision to keep it or toss it. I have to tell myself that they are just "things". I have heard that if you have a hard time discarding sentimental things, just take a picture of it before it goes in the garbage can. But then, where do you put the pictures? Marvin and I are trying to be more intentional about the things we bring into our house as we know one day our children will have to get rid of it all.
6. My first Fall magazine arrived this week. ( You may see it on my Friday Five this week). I also had dinner at Cracker Barrel and they have put some fall things in their store as well. I know many hate to rush the seasons but if you spend a summer in Alabama, you will be glad to think of a day with no humidity!! Of course, Hobby Lobby is full out Christmas mode. I had to purchase some craft items there the other day so I can get started on some of my Holiday Crafting.
Well it was a rather shallow stream this morning. Time to get busy around the house!