The last day of July! Let's wade around in the stream as we contemplate August!
1. I am reading a good book that was recommended by Katie, the Preppy Empty Nester. How to Walk Away is the title and it caught my attention because it is the fictionalized account of a young woman who is injured in a plane crash, leaving her with burns and a spinal cord injury. As a nurse, I always said that the worst things I saw were burns and spinal cord injuries. And after I watched my daddy suffer with transverse myelitis which left him a paraplegic, Spinal Cord issues would be at the top of my list now. Fortunately this young woman did not have a severed spinal cord, just compressed so I am hoping she will recover with time. And yes, I think of all the book characters as real people.:)
2. Speaking of books, It has been 20 years since Harry Potter became an instant best seller. I am a Harry Potter fan and I would love to visit the Wizarding World in Orlando but so far I cannot talk Marvin into it. Now if there was a Lord of the Rings land next door, I think we would be on the next plane.
3. I was out doing errands today and stopped by Tuesday Morning. Ladies, Fall things are beginning to appear everywhere. I picked up two more yard flags for Grimmwood. I got two flags at Tues AM for what I spent on one at Pineapples.
4.After having Tomato Pie at the Railyard, I am ready to make a Tomato pie here at Nanaland. It will be on the menu tonight. My friend, Donna, gave me a really good recipe for one.
5. My sisters and I are planning a birthday party for my mother when she turns 88 in two weeks. I did a Facebook invitation and told everyone it was a surprise. ( Well we told her we were going to have cake but we acted like it was a small gathering...my mother does not like Surprises.) My grand girl, Margaret was very concerned that a surprise party might not be wise. She was afraid that Grandma might have a heart attack if we all jumped out and shouted SURPRISE. I think Mother will be surprised by all the guests who are going to come....especially the great grands.
6. I spent most of Saturday afternoon making Christmas ornaments that will be gifts this Christmas. I cannot show them to you yet as it would spoil some surprises. I am hoping to be organized this year and my plan is to have all my homemade things done by October.
Well that is about all that is new here today. Hope August is full of blessings for all my blog friends.