Good Morning...let's wade in the shallow end of the stream today.( That means I really do not have a lot on my mind this morning!!)
1. I just finished a really good police procedural/mystery this weekend. A Great Reckoning by Louise Penny is sure to grab your attention if you are a fan of Masterpiece series like Endeavor, Morse and Prime Suspect and Inspector Adam Dalgliesh. I stayed up until midnight Friday night trying to finish this book but sleep claimed me and I had to finish it Saturday morning. Many people say they would like to live in Mitford. Well I might want to move to Three Pines. ( And this mystery explains how Three Pines got its name.) I may have to start at the beginning and read the rest of this series.
2. Well I got an email from Blogger and just as I was getting used to moderating my comments in this new way, they are going back to the old format. I am once again getting emails with my comments and I can publish them from my Hotmail account. Can you tell I do not do well with change?
3. Marvin has decided that he is going to retire at the end of this year. It will be a big change. I am used to his working two and a half days a week so I know I have some ALONE time. I may need some advice from those of you with fully retired husbands. I am trying to look on the positive side as we will be able to do more things together but I am a person who needs the house to herself every now and then. I may have to send him to Grimmwood occasionally.
4. I have been buying more cross stitch stash than I normally do but I am trying to save up for the future. I know when Marvin retires we will have to adjust our spending habits. I do use my Social Security check money for my purchases. But once I turn 65 the check will decrease as I get to enjoy Medicare. Frankly I am looking forward to the Silver Sneakers program that comes with Marvin's package. We can go to several gyms in Decatur for FREE. I am thinking of going to the Water Aerobics class as that is good exercise but easy on the joints.
5. Marvin and I are planning a Siblings reunion for his brothers and sisters in September. We are trying to come up with a hashtag for the weekend. Daughter in law, Katy, came up with #the future is GRIMM #Grimm and Bear It #Grimming from Ear to Ear. So far I like the Future is Grimm. Any of your suggestions will be considered. I thought of #the brothers and sisters Grimm
6.I am like most of you, trying to avoid the pumpkin mania too early. I will probably wait until we come back from the beach in September to deck the walls with fall decor. However, now is the time to look for good bargains at discount stores such as TJ Maxx, Ross, Tuesday Morning and Big Lots. I have used the same fall wreath on my front door for over 10 years now. I spruced it up every now and then but it was time for a new one. I found a beautiful wreath at Ross for $17.99. I am sure it will show up in my Friday Five this week. I can tell you that if you do not pick up those bargains when you see them, they will be GONE. I have tried to avoid Impulse Buying but in some cases it is the way to go.
Hope all of you have a good week. I am off to breakfast with friend, Lori, today and then withe Deborah and Susan tomorrow. Breakfast out is one of my favorite restaurant meals.