Well now that I have rested body and mind a bit after my travels, time for a leisurely dip in the stream.
1. I am feeling very virtuous this week. I have ordered my Christmas cards from Shutterfly and I got a discount in the bargain. Just having something checked off my holiday list makes me feel better.
2. How do you handle gifts for your grands? We give our adult children money but I try to surprise the grands with some gifts to open. We usually ask the parents to do an Amazon Wish list for each child. That seems to work well for us. I think the older grands will get gifts and money this year. Their interests are so varied these days!
3.Did you see that there is a new Unbroken movie that is out? Unbroken, Path to Redemption focuses on Louis Zamperini's life after WW2. Louis's life is changed after he hears the preaching of Billy Graham and gives his life to the Lord. Marvin and I are hoping to catch this one soon.
4. An update on my sister, Leta. She saw the orthopedist and her elbow is healing without the need of surgery. She goes back in a month for another X-ray. In the meantime she can drive and do her usual things but the doctor told her, Just Don't Fall!! As I have said before I am much more cautious these days. I seldom go barefoot at home as if you step in water, down you will go. I try to wear shoes with good grips on them. Oh the fun of getting older.
5. Landon's soccer team is playing in the tournament. But then all the teams play even if your team is in the basement score wise. So Saturday morning, Nana will be taking Margaret and Elliott to see their cousin play at North Park. Then we will head to Aunt Mimi's house for lunch and hay rides. Uncle Todd is breaking out the tractor just for Marg and El. Grandpa and Ben will be in Atlanta for the Tech/ Bowling Green game. If Bowling Green wins, I do not want to hear about it!!
6. I went to my LNS, Cross Stitch Peddler only to find a sign on the door saying the store would be closed until Oct 2nd for medical reasons. All of us locals love Marlene and we are hoping it is nothing serious. In the meantime I had to order some things online so now I understand how difficult it is to have to wait for supplies to come in the mail. I am starting my Christmas stitching this week and I have quite the list of ornaments to complete.
Well I have put off cleaning my house as I recuperated from my travels but today is the day that the vacuum and mop must be pulled out!! Better dry off and get busy!!