Well the weather is warming up a bit but along with the warmer temps we get more rain.....I feel for the farmers who will have to wait quite a while to plant their crops this year unless they are planting rice.
1. Don't forget to leave your answer to the Questions listed yesterday to be entered in the give away. I have everything purchased and ready to pack up for the winner. It is alway fun to give back to the people who mean so much to you.
2. Landon's soccer practice was cancelled for this week. It was TOO Cold and the fields were Too Wet. I really enjoy soccer...we can take our chairs and sit outside and enjoy the games. We usually stop for ice Cream on the way home.
3. This week, Marvin received the digitalized versions of his family home movies from Kodak. What fun we have had watching these silent movies from the 1950s and 1960s. It seems most were made at Easter or Christmas. One of our favorites is an Easter Morning ...all the Grimm boys in their Sunday best. Lee who was about five and William who was three were standing on the walkway from the front door showing off their cuteness when in the background the front door swings open and Marvin comes barreling down the walk pushing aside the little brothers and stands there looking very proud of himself. We also have some films of Marvin as a toddler just learning to walk...he wobbles all over the screen. Of course these films make us miss many family members who are gone on to heaven. It is bitter sweet for sure. Landon did get a kick out of seeing that Grandpa had once been a bossy big brother.
4. It was good to see all my stitchy friends at the Market Night at Cross Stitch Peddler...more about this on Saturday Stitching. We added a few members to North Alabama Stitchers and we got to chat about our favorite designers. Once things settle down at the shop, I plan to go back and hear of Marlene's adventures in Nashville. She gets to interact with the designers and she usually has some good stories to tell.
5. I was in Target yesterday just browsing. I saw that Dylan's Candy Bar on display It is a small area that sells candies from the Dylans Candy Bar in NYC. While it was pretty, it had NYC prices if you know what I mean. If any of you mama's or nana's are looking for some sturdy plastic plates for you little ones, Target has a good sale on their children's dinnerware. I also picked up a few pretty plastic glasses on sale. I use these in our master bath for our pill taking needs. Target does have out all the Easter Candy and Decorative items but I am trying not to add to my seasonal decor addiction.
6. We plan to head off to Grimmwood to celebrate two birthdays....Niece, Laura and Sister Kristi. We are also having a Henderson Cousins dinner. We have been trying to get together more often as an extended family. We always have the best time. On March 24th we will celebrate Baylor's 8th birthday in Birmingham. Then DIL, Nancy has a birthday on the 29th. My bestie Deb has a birthday on the 27th so I have lots of celebrating to do this month.
Beware the Ides of March!!( the only thing I remember from the play Julius Caesar that I read in high school!)