Well it's been a while since we dipped our toes in the stream. Let's wade on in.
1. I was cleaning my kitchen counters and I am still finding bits of sticky honey. It is the gift that keeps on giving. We gave one of our small jars to Janet and Jerry, our next door neighbors who are so good to keep an eye on things here when we are gone. Jerry said he enjoys a good Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich so he had plans for a good lunch!
2. Marvin and I are really enjoying Unforgotten on PBS each Sunday night. Call the Midwife is also on for another season. CTM has been one of my favorite PBS shows since its first season. I think it shows nurses in such a good light. However this season I am seeing a bit of a shift in some of the stories and an agenda that seems to be trying to shape thoughts and feelings about abortion It just reminds me that we have to be very discerning about what we allow to come into our homes and our minds.
3. Well it is the merry merry Month of May...my birthday month. I always look forward to celebrating another journey around the sun. Since my birthday and Mother's Day are close on the calendar, I took the time to put some things on my Amazon Wish List. I find that is very handy when it is gift giving time. All of my children have them along with the grands.
4. We will be attending the party of another May girlie, our granddaughter, Audrey. It is hard to believe she is four this year. We will be traveling to Northside Hospital in Atlanta on the 28th for the birth of baby Joshua. Charles said the OB says they might move the date up as Baby J is getting big and Nancy is petite. I suggested May 17th.
5. Remember my friend who made the cute Bless Your Heart Sweat shirt? Well she has a t shirt with a picture of a pointing finger.."I'll be Over Here, Getting Right with the Lord." Don't we all have those people in our lives who make us feel we need to repent of some of our feelings??? This has been a real struggle for me lately regarding someone who has caused me to feel very ugly, as we say here in NoAla. I may have to order that shirt to remind me to trust God when those around me test my weaknesses,
6. The Endless Weekend is becoming better as we adjust to retirement. It is nice to have easy days where we have no agenda and we can do as we like. I am trying to focus on the postives more and there are many.
7. I would like to ask my prayer warriors to lift up my Mother. She has had a bad week and is just not feeling well. She is 88 and her body is wearing out. She is not interested in eating, cant hear well and is just tired. She is a believer and she is ready to go to her heavenly home. Pray for my sisters too as they take care of her on a daily basis. This is a season of life that is hard. P S....she went to the doctor this week and she has been diagnosed with shingles. It has not been a good week or so for Mother.
Hope all of you have a good week!