Good Morning....time for a quick dip into the stream.
1. I finally celebrated my birthday with the besties last week. We had a nice lunch at O Bryans in Hartselle. Then we motored to Deborah's house where we had strawberries and cheesecake. I opened lovely gifts, these ladies know just what I like....soap, bath bombs, gifts for Grimmwood and a pretty patriotic kitchen towel. Deborah sent us home with cheesecake and a cupcake from the 50th anniversary celebration. Times with these friends are precious memories in the making.
2. Marvin and I are planning a quick visit to Oklahoma in July. Guess who we are going to see? The Pioneer Woman. Well Ree probably will not be there but we are staying at The Frontier Lodge on Sunday evening. We chose to visit on a Monday as we have heard it is a slower day. Breakfast at the merc and we hope we can get tickets to visit the lodge as they are available that day. We planned some stops along the way there and back....I have never been to Oklahoma so that will be another state off my list! I may talk M into driving up to Kansas just so I can say I have been to Kansas. If anyone has suggestions for places to eat in Little Rock or Fort Smith Arkansas...I am open to suggestions. Thanks to Judy who reminded me that there is a needlework shop in Tulsa!! Just may have to stop there for a check in!
3. Amelia and her family are on the road...or up in the air this morning. They are headed to Colorado and Utah for vacation. I will be sharing some of the pictures of their adventures.
4. Fathers Day we will head to Grimmwood and we are hoping to be able to eat at Farm to Fork on our way there. Speaking of places to eat....I just found out there is a Chuy's Mexican restaurant in Huntsville. How that one snuck by me, I do not know!! IT will be a lunch destination in the near future.
5. Calling all Jeopardy fans, by now you know that James, the super Jeopardy winner finally lost to a librarian. He was such a good sport...going over to give her a high five when he lost. Of course if I had won over two million dollars I think I could be a good sport as well. He was such a wonderful player....such knowledge and the ability to think fast.
6. On Saturday our North Alabama Stitchers will be celebrating our second birthday. We are going to have quite a crowd. There will be cupcakes, goodie bags, door prizes and lots of gabbing and stitching. I will try to capture some of the fun for the blog!!
7. Not a lot going on at Nanaland this week. I hope to get some cleaning done before we head to Grimmwood. And speaking of that, I will be taking a blog break. I will post my Stitching Saturday and then I will be gone for about a week. I have not taken such a long break in a while so y'all be sure and visit the ladies on my blog roll while I am gone. Have a blessed day dear friends.