Good Morning, it has been a while since we have taken a dip! It is nice and warm here in No Ala so the water feels like a bath!!
1. July! How did that month arrive so quickly? We will be traveling to Grimmwood for the 4th. Our plan is to "rob" our bees while we are there. Marvin purchased a neat double strainer for me to use this time so I am excited to try it out. Brother in law, Bruce, reported to us that he saw a bear visiting us on Sunday. We were worried that he might have been interested in our bee hives but the bees are good! Our daughter, Amelia, turned 39 yesterday. She is spending her birthday in New York City. It has always been a dream of hers to visit the Big Apple. I would like to visit the city as well but I want to go at Christmas. I want to see Rockefeller Center!! That tree amazes me.
2. We will be heading out west in a week or so. I will mark Oklahoma off my list of states visited. Maybe Kansas too as Kansas is a short drive from where we will be. It has been a while since Marvin and I have taken off on a road trip by ourselves. Thank goodness for GPS...it does make travels much more enjoyable. However on our trip to Savannah we found out that the GPS does not always route you in the best way. Nothing is perfect!!
3. I did some finishing of projects yesterday so that I can start on Jolly July today. I am looking forward to doing some Christmas in July cross stitch. I had to stop in at Hobby Lobby for interfacing and batting yesterday. I asked my friend,Sandy to pray for me that I would not give in to temptation and come out with more things than needed. :) Well I did see one thing that I could not leave in the store and you will see it on my Friday Five. Hint...it is fall related. So thanks Sandy! I did pretty well.
4. I am reading two books right now. Montauk and By Invitation Only. Montauk is about the life of pre WW 2 housewives who spent the summer at a nice resort outside of NYC while their husbands worked during the week and came out on the weekends. It is fun to peek into the lives of the rich and famous. By Invitation Only is our July book club selection. I just purchased it and I am taking it to Georgia with me. I also joined a Facebook group that was started by a lady at our church. She teaches at a local school and she wanted to enourage reading among her friends and her students. It is fun to see what others are reading. I always get some suggestions for my library visits.
5. Marvin and I were sad to see that this Sunday's episode of Endeavor will be last for a while. We really enjoy this program on public television. I read online that All Creatures Great and Small will be in production again. I am not sure how they can improve on the show from the 70s but it seems new ideas are few to be had these days. And before we know it, the Downton Abbey movie will be in the theaters. I cannot wait for that one!
6. I have been watching my travel vlogs on You Tube and I have to recommend, The Way Aways. Josh and Ashley are spending the summer in the Nordic countries and it has been so interesting. Helsinki is such a pretty city in the summertime. My other favorite travel vlog, The Endless Adventure is visiting South America. I learn a lot from these young travelers...mainly the places that I do not want to go.:) I have to admit to being a bit jealous of them. No not their travels but their young enthusiasm and fearlessness! I would be very intimidated traveling to places where I do not speak the languages, trying to figure out train and bus schedules etc but they seem to do it with ease. And they are very honest about their "fails". At this stage of my life, traveling by arm chair is my favorite way to see the world.
I hope all of you have a wonderful fourth of July. I am so thankful for the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.