Oh my the stream is more like a sauna this week. But then it is July in NoAla. The kids will be going back to school in two weeks if you can believe it.
1. Marvin and I both agreed that our little jaunt to the midwest made us have a bit of wanderlust. We will be traveling to Natitoches(sp?)Louisiana in about three weeks. We are thinking of stopping midway in Jackson, Mississippi. Any one have recommendations for things to do there? I always check trip advisor for interesting stops but I find local people always know the best restaurants. Our bed and breakfast in Louisiana is the home where Steel Magnolias was filmed and I have heard it has a delightful downtown to wander through.
2. I am also glad to report that I am feeling much better about a personal problem I was having....it is a long story and one I cannot share here but I finally cleared the air with someone who had caused me a lot of pain and worry over the last nine months. I really feel like a burden was lifted. Was it resolved in the way I hoped it would be? No....but I did my part in trying to resolve the situation. Some people are just very self involved and there is nothing you can do about it. There are seasons for relationships and this one has come to an end. We will be cordial but that is all that I can manage. It is too bad that friendships cannot be reset like a computer.
3. Kendall came over to work on her HaMa Con costume. ( Huntsville Madison Comicon) She really enjoys dressing as one of her favorite comic book characters. We had to use some hot glue to make a head piece. This girl is very creative...wonder where she got that gene from???
4. My sister, Leta, found me an old crock pot at a yard sale so hopefully I will be working on my beeswax threaders soon. The crock pot is special because it came from the home of a couple who we loved...they have both passed away and their children were holding an estate sale. Leta said it was sad. I often avoid estate sales because it makes me so sad to see someone's valued things marked $1 or $5. I will be glad to use this one and when I do I will think of Edna May.
5. I found a delicious melon at Publix this week. It is called Sugar Kiss Melon. It is a cantaloupe but so tasty. They also had a Summer Kiss Melon which looked like a type of Honeydew. I will have to try it next week.
6. I still have out a few pieces of patriotic stitching but this week they will go back upstairs to the attic. I will let the house rest a bit before pulling out the fall things. I did receive my Country Sampler in the mail and it really got me inspired for Fall Decor. I just love the warm cheery colors of fall.
7. Brenda, one of my readers asked a question about finding a Unicorn cross stitch pattern. Brenda if you go to 123 Stitch online and search for Unicorns, several patterns pop up. One was a small Bucilla kit that would make a great ornament. You might also try Etsy. Many new designers sell their charts there. I have found some gems.
Hope everyone is staying cool in this heat....take heart, Fall will be here before we know it.