Good Morning...my house is in a mess and my stream of consciousness is as well!
1. We are having our floors replaced. All the downstairs floors except the tile in the bathrooms and kitchens. The workmen arrived yesterday and oh my goodness. It will be a mess for sure. We are replacing the flooring with Shaw's Petrified Hickory. It is a dense porcelain tile that looks like wood. It is virtually indestructible....we will le the grands try their hand at it just too check!
2. As someone who likes order, having my house torn up, things placed here and there. Mostly there in the garage, is going to take all my resolve to deal with. One thing I did tell Marvin is that when I put it all back I am doing a good cleaning that will be great before the onset of the holidays.
3. Many of my friends have seen the Downton Abbey movie and they are raving about it. I hope Marvin and I can make it to the movie this week. We are both Downton fans. Marvin loves this quote by Granny. " I came with low expectations and left disappointed." He says this sums up his feeling about Georgia Tech this year.
4. My stitching may be sparse this week. I have things to work on but I keep getting distracted by all the activity downstairs. I do have two finishes to share on Saturday. BTW, Marvin and I are banished to the Man Cave. It will be an interesting week for sure.
5. If you are looking for a good beach read, check out The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins. It is a sweet story about a quirky town called Dove Creek. The librarian is very special. Books talk to her and tell her who needs which book at the particular moment. I got my copy at Target for $12 or so and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only problem was the ending. It seemed rather rushed but I am hoping that maybe this will be a series and we will meet more of the people of Dove Creek.
6. Marvin and I have been enjoying the Ken Burns Series on PBS about Country Music. Marvin did not listen to country music growing up but I did. My daddy loved country music, mainly the old time fellas like Johnny Cash, Hank Snow, Buck Owens etc.We watched Flatt and Scruggs every week as well as Porter Wagoner. Hearing the stories behind the music as well as the musicians is quite enlightening. Did you know that before the music was known as country western it was labeled Hill Billy Music? It has brought back many memories for me of the old days.
7. It is nice to have a 13 year old granddaughter who keeps you up to date on Urban slang . I had never heard of a VSCO girl. Apparently those are the cool girls now. They wear Scrunchies on their wrists with no intention of using them in their hair. They also wear over sized tees and Nike shorts. Crocs or Birks are the shoe of choice. They wear Kanken backpacks and sip water through the stainless steel straws in their hydroflasks. Well now you know too. I showed Kendall my old book The Preppy Handbook from the 1980s. She got a kick out of looking at it.:)
Well time to get on the ball....gotta keep a close eye on these workmen.:)