The Stream is a bit chilly this morning but I am not going to complain. I am loving this pretty fall weather.
1. Why are people so mean? I guess I could do a term paper on this one. A lovely lady who I watched regularly on You Tube took down her channel and her blog due to some serious internet nastiness. I really feel like I know her as I have watched her for three or four years and I recommended her channel to many of my friends. Just a reminder that there are ugly people out there trying to take positive things off the internet. I am thankful for my readers who are always so positive.
2. Are you getting ready for Christmas? I finally sat down and made my list the other day. Most of the grands are getting a combination of Gift cards and presents. As my grands are getting older it is harder to find things I think they will enjoy.
3. My sister, Leta, sent me a link to a Christmas craft that I hope to share with yall this week....if it works out that is. I really enjoy seeing those people who post their Pinterest FAILS. I have had a few of those myself. With you tube tutorials we all think we can do anything!
4. I have my Trick or Treat Candies purchased and in the pantry. We get very few tricksters here so I do buy the full size candy bars. I also bought some small packages of Oreos I found at Walmart. That way I have a back up. Landon told me that he loves our neighborhood because everyone gives him two handfuls of candy!
5. But before Christmas arrives we will be having Thanksgiving. Our table will be small this year as it looks like it will just be Amelia and Todd. They will not have the children for the holiday. Ben and Katy spend the day with her family as her sister and her children are visiting. This sis lives in Texas so she only gets home for this week once a year. Charles and Nancy are not fans of traveling with the little ones and I understand that as we traveled a lot with our kiddos at the holidays. We went to Georgia for a week at Christmas. We would spend Christmas with the Tankersley's one year then New Years at the Grimms. The next year we reversed it. Our kids loved being with their grandparents and their cousins. Aunt Mina always took the whole crew to a movie as her special treat to them. Yes it would have been easier to stay home but we all have many wonderful memories of time well spent.
6. We are looking forward to niece Maggie's wedding in November. We will be traveling to North Carolina and it looks like all six Grimm siblings will be in attendance. We really are tying to make it a priority to be with each other at least once a year. Four siblings were together at Mina's birthday and it was a little easier to say goodbye knowing we will see each other again soon.
Everyone be on the lookout for those Trick or Treaters Thursday. Watch for the blue buckets!