Good Morning....time to wade about and find out what is happening in the Nana Creek.
1. Our plans for our Tankersley Christmas on Saturday seem to be coming off the rails. Amelia's children are with their daddy and they have a Ledlow family event planned. So Amelia decided to wait until New Years to come to Chatsworth. Charles' family has been hit with the flu and heaven knows Mother does not need that! So far Ben and his family are healthy but in flu season you just cannot predict wellness. So we will enjoy whoever shows up and make plans to see the ones who can't come at a later date.
2. Speaking of flu....I remember having the flu one Christmas and I was miserable. I had it and my daddy had it so we stayed home while everyone else went to the grandparents. I remember the only thing I wanted to eat was tomato soup and the only drink that tasted "right" was Orange Fanta. We were just miserable. Back then there was no such thing as Tamiflu so you had to suffer through the fever, dizziness and chills until they finally broke. Even then I remember feeling puny for a while.
3.Marvin and I will be alone on Christmas Day so I am planning a nice meal for lunch then we will go and see the new Star Wars movie. Back when all the kids were home I remember thinking, "Who on earth goes to the movies on Christmas Day? Well now I know.
4. I do have my shopping done and I am not doing a lot of cooking as Marvin and I want to try to keep off those Christmas five. We had a nice time at our SS class Christmas party. We just merged our two small classes into one in September and I think this party really helped us to feel more connected. We played Dirty Santa and that is always fun. I came away with a Yeti Coffee Cup so I was a happy camper.
5. When we pulled up to the house where our SS party was located, we realized it was the former home of some good friends. What a surprise. It is always a bit unsettling to go into a home that you remember and everything is different. I did get a pretty paint color to add to my collection. The family room was a beautiful gray/blue....Lattice by Sherwin Williams. Check it out if you are looking for a pretty neutral. The home owner, Linda, told me that she had looked at a lot of colors and finally hired a decorator who came in and immediately chose lattice as the perfect color. It is so pretty. I am thinking Marvin's man cave might be pretty in that color.
6. I am currently reading My Reading Life by the late Pat Conroy. I am taking my time with it but it is very interesting to see the books that shaped a famous writer. The first one on his list was Gone With the Wind. He said it was his mother's favorite book and she read it aloud to him and his siblings. My friend, Susan, loves GWTW and I had to tell her about that right away. My sisters and I loved GWTW and Leta actually had quite a collection of memorabilia that she recently sold. She has been decluttering her house and decided she could part with many things she had been holding on to. I plan to purge my house in the New Year. I have a collection of boxes in the garage just waiting to be filled and taken to a charity shop.
Hope all of you are in the home stretch with your shopping and baking. I like to remind myself that Jesus is truly the reason for the season.