Well the stream is more like a river these days as the rain continues to come down. I am ready for some sunshine gals.
1. I really think I am beginning to be affected by SAD....Seasonal Affective Disorder. We have had a dreary December, January and February so far. The temps are warmer than usual and the daffodils are blooming. In fact, Bradford Pear Trees are blooming too which is very early for them. It seems when we have a rainy winter, we have a drought in the summer so remind me of my whining then!
2. Kendall and Landon lost their Paw Paw Ledlow on Sunday. He had been battling stage 4 lung cancer for the last year and a half. Please remember the Ledlow family in your prayers this week. Marvin is now the only grandpa to two sets of our grandchildren. I know that weighs heavily on him. Being a grandparent is such a privilege and such a responsibility as well. We want to do fun happy things with the children but we do want to leave a legacy of faith and character behind for them to remember.
3. I got a new iPhone for Valentines Day. My old one was failing to hold a charge so Marvin treated me to a new one. It is a pretty mint green and the otter box has a built in pop socket. I am moving up in the world.:) It has Face recognition so that was something new to adjust to....these new phones can do so many things. I am sure I do not use many of the features on my phone. I have watched several You Tube videos to find out how to do things. You Tube is such a help to old people when it comes to technology.
4. As I have mentioned before, the big 65 is coming in May. Marvin and I spent the morning setting up my supplemental insurance to Medicare. I am so glad I have a savy husband who has been through all this and saved me a lot of work but helping me out. I will have Silver Sneakers and I intend to use it. There are several gyms we can go to for FREE so I will be visiting them all.
5. Valentines Day is coming up....no big plans here. I will be getting Marvin a Panera card that he can use when he meets with the church men on Wednesdays. They call themselves the Romeos...Real Old Men Eating Out. Marvin also attends the Mens Prayer Breakfast at our church on Tuesday mornings. Bestie Deborah's husband also attends so she and I have breakfast at Mr Henrys in Hartselle on Tuesday mornings. We know the waitresses by name and they know us. I had left my sun glasses on the table and Monica saved them for me!! They also worry about us if we miss a week so we try to let them know if we are going to miss a Tuesday.
6. All of us stitchers are looking forward to the first week in March when the Nashville Needleworkers Market takes place. This is the time of year that most designers bring out their new charts. I have been trying to stitch from stash but I know I will see some eye candy that I cannot resist. This market is just for owners of Needlework Stores....I have heard it is quite busy and some store owners take along Runners to assist them in shuttling purchases back to the hotel room. I would love to be a fly on the wall. Imagine seeing all your favorite designers in one place!
Well its time to prepare for the day. Love and Blessings to all of you who listens to my rambling!