No deep thoughts here my friends but rest assured I am praying for many things right now. Take it to the Lord and leave it there as the old gospel song says. This stream is not deep or wide but I hope you enjoy wading in for a few minutes this first Wednesday morning in June.
1. Many of you wanted to know what makes up a Starbucks Medicine Ball. Well it is a mixture of hot lemonade, honey, Citrus Mint and Peach Tea. Unfortunately the grande has as many grams of sugar as a can of Coke, so take your pick. There are several recipes on line for making it at home. They do suggest you purchase Teavana Tea. I did not realize that this is the Starbuck's brand of tea so it is a bit more expensive. You can also have the barista add a pump of peppermint to enhance the drink. I will only be getting this drink if I have a cold. It would be very soothing. When I was a little girl I got pneumonia frequently and our family doctor suggested Hot Lemonade for me to help with congestion. So the Medicine Ball would be approved by Doctor Meacham.
2. It was the high light of my week to see Audrey and Joshua. Audrey is learning to read. Isn that always exciting? To see her world expand as she realizes the power of the written word makes this Nana very happy.
3. I finished reading The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. If you read the Hunger Games series you will find it interesting to see what made President Snow turn to the Dark Side.( Pardon me Darth Vader for stealing your phrase!) It also gives some insight as to why President Snow did not like District 12. In fact, it has made me consider reading The Hunger Games again this summer. I also finished An Episode of Sparrows by Rumer Godden. It is a sweet story with a happy ending but not my favorite book she has written. It is a reminder that the world was very different in London in the days after World War 2. Her main character, Lovejoy, is one that will remain with you after the last page is turned. And finally I completed Jane Austen At Home by Lucy Worsley. It was as if Ms Worsley was reading this book to me. If you have ever watched any of her programs, shown here on PBS, you will remember her distinctive voice. This book relates to Jane as a woman of her times, Georgian versus Victorian. I would recommend all three books.
4. In my redecorating, I had a few questions....Where did I get the turquoise tray on my coffee table? That was a Hobby Lobby find and purchased with a 40% off coupon. You could find any wooden tray you like and it is easily painted. I think the "Chippier" it looks with other colors showing through, the better. Another question, Where were my sofa cushions? I had removed the cushions I had there as I just did not like them. They found a home on the bed in the guest room. Those cushions were just a bit too big for the sofa. I am still looking for replacements.( maybe those roosters from Tractor supply would be a fun design choice.lol)
5. Speaking of decorating, check out two blogs on my blog roll. One is We Bought a Farmhouse. Sam and Josh bought an old farmhouse in upstate New York quite a few years ago now and they have been working on renovations. They just completed their living room and it is so pretty. Check it out. Welcome to Paige from Farmhouse Vernacular. I just added her blog to my roll. She and her husband purchased an old farm house in Kentucky and they are renovating it but sticking to an early 1900s style. She just posted a tour of her house on the blog. I admire people who have the guts to take on a renovation and do most of the work themselves.
6. This week I am anxiously checking my mailbox for one of my birthday gifts, The Hits of John Denver. It should arrive any day now. I can put it in my Nanavan and I can listen to John Denver whenever I want to hear Thank God I'm a Country Boy. No mean children in my house who will hide it from me at every opportunity. I think I have mentioned that my mean teen agers put my John Denver tapes in the freezer wrapped like some sort of frozen food. All they had to say was Mom, we don't want to listen to John Denver AGAIN!!
Have a good week my dear blog friends.