1. Amelia sent this to me for a chuckle. Did your mother ever tell you to quit being ugly. It is a Southern Thing. It has a special meaning to us because it brings back a memory of a three year old Kendall. We were in New Jersey for son Charles' wedding. It had been a long drive, all the tensions that go with weddings and Kendall had just about had her fill. She and Grandpa were outside the church before the rehearsal, enjoying a small playground on the property. Marvin asked her, " Are you ready to go inside and be nice or are you going to stay out here and be ugly?" ( Stupid Question award, Grandpa) She replied, "I want to stay out here and be ugly!!!"
2. Marvin caught this picture of a hummingbird on her nest in a tree just off our front porch at Grimmwood. Isn't it amazing?
3. The Rolling Store. I took a snapshot of this picture my mother had in an old scrapbook of hers. The Rolling Store was stopping at a farm in our county. I just loved the Rolling Store.
4. Flowers from my sweet neighbor. They were right out of her yard. Daisies are such a cheerful flower. Remember that line from You've Got Mail????
5. Covid Humor....Sometimes we just have to laugh. And I did when I saw No David, turned to No. Covid. ......Masks for Sale instead of Caps for Sale and finally Alexander has a very bad year and not just a bad day. As for Miss Nelson, I am not sure who she is but as a preschool teacher, I regularly read the other three books to my class.