1. Well we are cutting the cord and getting rid of cable. Right now we have Amazon Prime but we are thinking of adding another streaming service. Any suggestions? Marvin always kept cable for sports. Being Sportsless for over three months now, Grandpa thinks he can manage without it. He decided if there is a big football game he just has to see, he will go to a friend's house or a sports bar. As I have said before, I watch mostly you tube now so the only thing I will miss is Jeopardy and Masterpiece Theater.
2. Amelia is turning 40 tomorrow. Seems impossible. We had a family lunch yesterday and then we took the kiddos shopping for a gift for their mom. I do remember that it was hot as hades the summer she was born. My legs were so swollen....I had to wear Dr Scholls shoes at the end of the pregnancy. I was still working as a nurse at the Student Health Center at UGA in Athens, GA. I had worked until eight pm ...went home and had a harrowing 4 am ride to the hospital, hoping I would not have this baby in the car! She was born 10 minutes after we arrived at Athens General. The memories are still vivid.:)
3. We are off to Grimmwood for the 4th. No big plans for the day. But that is ok...porch sitting is a good thing on a hot July day.
4. I do have plans to get together with a Morris cousin. We are both interested in genealogy so we want to compare notes. Our Morris family migrated from Rutherford County, NC to Gilmer County in Georgia. A large contingent of people from Rutherford County headed off to the wilderness looking for some good farm land, The Morris clan is an independent lot....best not to provoke them. :)
5. I have found myself reading more as of late. I am trying to read just before I go to bed. It seems to help me fall asleep. I am reading the Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis and I keep getting confused because Screwtape keeps calling God, the Enemy. I am not used to that!! I have to remind myself that he is not talking about the Devil. It is interesting reading this book as I am older. I read it a long time ago and frankly did not remember much about it. Perspective does change with age.
6. We have a new commercial pilot in our family. My cousin, Ben, just got his license after some pretty intensive training Can you tell we like the name, Ben, in our family??? We always called him Benjamin , when he was younger. He is the son of my first cousin, Sharon. My mother babysat for Benjamin and Laura when they were babies and toddlers. It is good to see both of them enjoying their new walks of life. Ben hopes to ferry people between Florida and the Bahamas. Now those passengers are living the dream for sure.
The stream is still pretty shallow here at Nanaland. We are staying in a bit more and I am stitching up a storm.