Good Morning to another Hot day in NoAla. A wade in a cool stream would be very refreshing. But I live in the South...it is supposed to be hot in August so I will remember this when I am freezing in January.
1. Mother turned 90 yesterday. What a milestone. Thanks to everyone who sent a card. We are headed to Grimmwood so I will have some pictures next week. In these last months Mother has told me many stories of her growing up years. It seems she remembers those stories while completely forgetting what has happened thirty minutes ago. She was telling me about her grandparents. Her Grandfather Henderson had a pocket watch that he allowed her to play with while she stood beside him. Mother's Henderson Grandparents had 14 children. While not all the children lived to adult hood, there were many grandchildren in the family. Mother says she cannot remember much about her grandmother. Bless that poor ladies heart, she was probably tired of children by the time the grands came along!
2. I am slowly learning the new blogger platform. Thanks to Meg at Stitch to Live for sharing a tip that helped her. She puts in all the prose then adds the photos. I am finding that works for me too. Is it just me or can you load more than one photo at a time without losing them? I used to upload all my photos then I could just add them to the blog. Now I have to upload one photo at a time. This is very frustrating and like many others I think the old platform was much better in this area. Icons are a problem for me. I did not grow up using them and I spend a lot of time figuring out what each icon is supposed to stand for word wise.Any tips would be appreciated.
3. My other grands head off to school this week. I am praying all goes well. There are many opinions about this issue. I have to remind myself that I am not the parent and I have to trust my children will make the best decisions for their children. The grandchild who has suffered most from virtual learning is Baylor. He is autistic and there is no such thing as virtual learning for him. He needs the structure and discipline of attending school. So this nana is doing a lot of praying for this little man, especially.
4. Marvin and I will be on car line patrol for Kendall and Landon every other week. I used to complain about this but now I am happy I can go to a carline. Landon started soccer practice last week and his games start later this month. Again, I complained about sitting in the heat etc. Remember I am INDOORSY. But Ben and Katy got me a camp chair with a canvas top so I will have some shade...that should help. So I am looking forward to another little bit of normal. Landon's season is short...only six games so lets go team!
5. Speaking of normal....I was watching some old SEC football games with Marvin and I wonder if there will be football this fall. I think it is still up in the air. But will the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade be cancelled too? That is something I look forward to each year and it really ushers in the holiday season for so many of us.
6. Charles and Nancy are coming to Huntsville for a wedding on Labor Day weekend so we will get to baby-sit Audrey and Joshua. Charles was afraid we might not be up to it. I assured him that we can handle a day with no problem. I found a recipe for Fluffy Cloud Dough on The Southern Plate's facebook page. Christie Jordan is a local celebrity chef and she has so many wonderful recipes on her page. You dont eat fluffy cloud dough....it is for pure play. 2 cups of cornstarch and 1 cup of conditioner...the kind you use after shampooing your hair. Mix together ....then put it in a ziplock bag and continue kneading it until it is smooth. Christie's mom happens to be a member of my North Alabama Stitchers group. Both ladies are good cooks. Check out Southern Plate if you are looking for some new recipes.