Good Morning....lets see what is rattling around in my stream of consciousness this morning.
1. Several have asked about Marvin's bees. So far so good. We are going to leave their honey for them for this winter since that seems to be when they take off!! We might take a frame or two for ourselves but we still have honey left from last years harvest so we are good. Marvin has determined that if they leave again, he is done with bee keeping. It is an expensive endeavor when you have to keep buying bees. We will see. He had a good time exploring this new hobby. If it does not work out, hopefully he will find something else to catch his attention.
2. Today is a stitching day with a few like minded friends. It is a small group so we can social distance. I am so looking forward to spending the day stitching. I think I will take my bunny and fill in that big dress. Miss Bunny needs to go on a diet.:) We also found a new location for our North Alabama Stitchers. We usually meet at the library but they have closed down any public meetings for now. Our new meeting place requires that we each chip in about $10 for the day but that if fine with me. It is worth every penny. So many of us have found that we NEED people. Being isolated for months on end is not good for anyone's mental health.
3. Rosh Hoshannah is this week. How do I know? I have enjoyed watching several young Jewish moms on You Tube. As a Christian I find it interesting to learn more about the Jewish roots of our faith. Jar of Flie Flies is a vlog that follows Chana, an Orthodox Jewish mother who homeschools and has the added challenge of a young son with type one diabetes.Another young mom is Marion at My Jewish Mommy Life. Marion is conservative and has two little boys. This week the mommies have been making all kinds of foods for the Jewish New Year. Many include apples. I got a few new recipes to try out. Chana Tova.( I think that means Happy New Year!)
4. Well Tropical Storm/Hurricane Sally is headed for the Gulf of Mexico. Where she will land we are not sure but I hope she leaves Gulf Shores alone since we have our annual Anniversary trip next week. Typically the weather after a hurricane is very nice so fingers crossed!
5. This is homecoming week at Priceville so every day has a theme. Monday was Patriotic Day. Landon was dressed in Red White and Blue. Not sure if Kendall went along with this as she does not like to dress for themes.( Teenager) However I was glad to see this was a theme as there has been so much unrest in our country as of late. I saw a post someone put on Facebook that she wished we could be the people we were on September 12, 2001. Something to think about for sure.
6. I am beginning to get more comfortable with the new blog format. Do I love it? No. I do think the other platform was more user friendly and I cannot really see any improvements in this design but what do I know I am an old lady who blogs. I guess I should be ocmmended for being able to finally figure things out.
Happy Wednesday friends. Hope all is well where you are.